Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another one bites the dust

Well, yesterday was fun. It was my nephew's kindergarten graduation. I guess I showed up a little late because when I got there it was over and he was GONE! LOL, oh well, at least I got to leave work for a few minutes. I also FedEx-ed our Gladney application in yesterday!! WOO HOO!! When the FedEx man showed up it hit me that I had not made copies of the application. So, he waited while I copied the most important documents. Oh well, at least with the dossier I have to have copies of everything! LOL I'm so excited about the dossier. All we have left to get is proof of my life insurance, a recent letter from the bank (waiting until the balance is a little larger!), and Cortney's corrected employment letter. Then we wait, for the FBI clearance and I171H. Those two things we have no control over so we must just pray for speedy approvals. We are still getting all positive comments about the adoption. We have had a few "what color will he be"s or "why are you going to that country"s. But overall everyone thinks that it is a wonderful thing. I think the people who know us are just happy that we are finally getting our baby so we can stop asking them to pray for that!! Now we will ask them to pray for other things but at least it will be a change of pace for them!!!! LOL

1 comment:

Angie said...

When someone asks, 'why did you pick that country'....I would simply reply, 'because that is where my baby is...God put Ian there AND in my heart! And soon our family will be complete!!'
I believe that your story of infertility struggles and this adoption is a true testament of Gods plan...and how the most incredible things happen to those that trust in him!!