Thursday, August 30, 2007
I have had so much fun reading everyone's adoption surveys. Cortney was saying last night how good it has been to have the blog because of the connections we have with others in the same situation. Our common goal of bringing our precious children home puts us in a position to understand the highs and lows of the paperwork and waiting. I have looked to blogs for support and answers many times over the past few months. It makes the waiting just a little more bearable.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
2. How many times a day do you "go to the bathroom" and end up checking blogs? When I am near a computer I check blogs at least 3-4 times a day. But most of the time when I am at work I call up my personal secretary (my sweet sister who didn't really ask for or accept this job!!!) and have her check a blog or two!! Thanks Jamie for blog stalking for me!!
3. Do your kids recognize the other kids from the blogs that follow? No kids, but my husband knows each one of you as personally as I do even though he isn't a blog stalker.
4. Do you keep track of how often people update their blogs and get upset when they don't keep to the schedule?? I don't keep track but I want updates! Even if it is to say that you have nothing to say give me something new to read!!
5. Favorite time of day to check blogs? When I get home at night.
6. Who's blog is your favorite? Umm, well I love many but somehow you just connect with people and from the start I have prayed for and worried alongside of Tara and Eric, Renee and Geert, the Bakers, and the Breedloves.
7. How many of the blogs that you follow are people that you have never met in person? I have never met any of them!!!
8. How long have you been married? almost 3 wonderful years
9. Fav. food? vanilla ice cream and mini chocolate chips!! I only like the little ones and I have to have a lot of them!!!
10. Fav. TV show? Grey's Anatomy, anything reality, and Days of Our Lives (and Tara was embarrassed to put MTV!! this has got to be worse!)
11. Anything that you forbid your kids to watch on TV? This is tough, I would love to say that I am going to ban TV but I have seen my nieces and nephew in action! They love their cartoons and Disney channel!!! Nothing too violent for Ian.
12. How long was your adoption journey from beginning to end? We started in April 2007, and are still waiting on our referral!!!
14. What did you imagine your family to be like as a little girl? Great husband, great children, and lots of vacations!! My fairy tale will be complete when our little one gets here!
15. Favorite Momma down time activity? My favorite down time activity will always be sleeping!! I love to walk with my mom and talk on the phone with my sister but boy do I like to nap (too bad I don't ever get to!!!)
16. Do you have more online friends than "in person" friends? Nope. Other than MySpace and email I never had any online communication!
17. Tell us the cartoon character that you most look like: Miss Piggy? HAHA, I guess more like Daffy Duck!
18. What toothpaste do you use? Colgate
19. Stupidest adoption comment/question that you've received? I can't even say it on here, it hurt me to my soul and showed stupidity that I will never forget.
20. Fav. non-adoption website? currently... lowes.com or homedepot.com!!!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
So here's to another week under our belts!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
I was reading another blog today about a family just getting started in the process. She was talking about how she couldn't sleep and how she thought about so many things so much of the time! I am so happy to read that!!! I too do those things. I can be so tired and ready to go to bed and I will look at someone's blog and boom, fear, anxiety, and excitement for the unknown hits me. Then I spend the next hour reading blogs and wondering about how it will go for us. I can't wait until waiting for Ian is but a distant memory.
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
On a side note, tomorrow we will buy what will become the future home of baby Clevinger! Yep you got it, we are moving...eventually. Our contractor will begin construction on our house on Friday and then the race will be on! Which will come first, the house or the baby??? LOL It is kind of funny but not really because we could have to move after the baby gets here and from the attachment books I've read that may not be a smart move.
Maybe this will consume some of my energy, but it is not likely. Cortney and I stand there in the middle of a nice lot located in a beautiful subdivision and watch the children ride bikes and play. We can't help but picture Ian in 5 years doing the same things. We were so excited to find out that our neighbor is also an adoptive mom to 2 boys!! Maybe a blessing in disguise???
Sunday, August 19, 2007
My husband, the avid Reds fan, loved the baseball outfit. They are all so cute!!! I wish that they were filled up with a little baby boy but hey pretty cute nonetheless.
We know that news of a referral may not come for weeks but we are so hopeful for any info from Gladney. I would love to know how many babies are at the point of their medical information being gathered. Also, I would love to know how many other families are waiting for a baby boy! And while I am at it I would like to know where we are on the list!!! However, Gladney assures me that it is best that we don't know that info!??? So we wait...
Stay tuned for more exciting news. Also please pray for our new blog friends Renee and Geert as they are vacationing this week in the Caribbean!!!! So much for a relaxing vacation!!!
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
I have to admit that the week went quickly. We are ridiculously anxious and hopelessly optimistic but we have a few projects lined up to occupy our time!! Let me just say that we have an awesome God and I would love to shout it from the rooftops!!! Somehow He always pulls us through!
Saturday, August 11, 2007
We successfully made it through the first week of waiting and are excited about moving on to the next week. This week went quickly and I think I answered the infamous, "So when are you getting the referral" question about a million times!! I would love to think that it will be soon but only God knows! We have been in touch with so many Gladney families that are in different stages of this process and it has been so wonderful to see their stories. I am so thankful for Renee for always knowing the latest Gladney family to get a referral! It lifts my spirits up every single time I see a new referral and makes the waiting a little easier!
Our dossier will be in Belay's hands (our in country representative) by Tuesday, Aug 14th at 6pm!!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Monday, August 6, 2007
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Friday, August 3, 2007
You are officially placed on waitlist to receive a referral! Currently, the waitime to receive a referral can be up to three months-five months to receive a referral. Please keep in mind that this timeline is subject to change at any time. Congratulations on making it through the tedious dossier process!"