Monday, August 6, 2007

First week of waiting

Today is the first day of the first real week of waiting. I am excited, scared, nervous, anxious...etc. You could put any word in the end of that sentence and it would accurately describe how I feel today. I have tried to dive into my work so that I wouldn't have so much free time. So for the next few weeks I will be tired, excited, scared, nervous, anxious...etc. LOL I have read so many blogs this weekend and examined more timelines and stories than I even knew possible. I want to have hope that the timeline will be shorter than the projected three months. We have heard so many things about boy waits being shorter than girl and single children being quicker than sibling groups. I want the first baby that comes along!! Is that crazy?? I know that God knows Ian and that he will come to me in his own time but I want him so so much! So for the next several Mondays I will blog about how I plan to spend the week and how we are hopeful. I have heard for sooo long that a watched pot never boils. If you would just stop thinking about getting pregnant it would happen. OR If you would just not worry about it a referral will happen. Well I have come to accept that if it takes not thinking about it or not planning for it, I can rest assured that it will NEVER happen to me! This is who I am imperfect as it may be, God made me this way and he knows that I am OVERLY ANXIOUS!! In our first homestudy meeting our social worker asked us to describe each other in just a few words. I went first. I said well Cortney is loving, compassionate, gentle, and devoted. Then it was Cortney's turn. He said that I was organized. Organized??? Are you kidding me?? That was the first word he could think of?? So there you have it, we may be the last Gladney applicants to ever receive a referral because I won't stop watching the pot. God help us!!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I first must say that I giggled while reading the enitre post...lol...
But more importantly, I need to say that you are SO right...God made you just the way you are! Organized and impatient could be two words used...but lets not forget that he also made you to be the perfect Mommy to Ian!! God knows that Ian might need a Mommy that will be impatient sometimes--Unfortunately Ian will someday be 'wronged'...this is when the 'impatience' his Mother has been blessd with will benefit him. And maybe he needs you to be organized so Ian will always know where his favorite toy might be! But never forget that God picked you for Ian...to be the one person that will love him no matter what, be devoted to him during good times and in bad and will always and forever be his biggest fan.

Dustin & Amy said...

Hey guys...I read so much my and Amy's feelings in your posts, especially this one. We, too, are figuring this new space in which we find ourselves--the palpable absence of something to do, something to control. It is certainly a void in which must trust the unseen path is still under foot with each step we take. And remember, it takes heat and a bit of pressure to make water boil.

We have not heard any information about court dates. We did verify our dossier will be sent to Ethiopia this week, and I hope yours is with it!

And, if you ever want to e-mail us directly, dustin906 at gmail dot com.

Our prayers and wishes are with you and your baby boy.

Renee said...

Lindsey,
Your post made me laugh! I'm the same way! Trying to relax is just not possible my only alternative is to keep myself as busy as possible! I just finished up sewing a crib set for a baby boy and now I'm going to start on a set for a girl! My friends think I'm crazy but it's therapuetic for me! I'm happy to hear your dossier is on it's way to Ethiopia. Natalie left me a message this afternoon regarding my questions sbout siblings etc... I'll let you know if I get more information from her.
Take Care,
Renee