Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Adoption Survey

1. How many blogs are listed under your favorites list that you check EVERY day? 15 or so but I check the ones on other people's pages too!!

2. How many times a day do you "go to the bathroom" and end up checking blogs? When I am near a computer I check blogs at least 3-4 times a day. But most of the time when I am at work I call up my personal secretary (my sweet sister who didn't really ask for or accept this job!!!) and have her check a blog or two!! Thanks Jamie for blog stalking for me!!

3. Do your kids recognize the other kids from the blogs that follow? No kids, but my husband knows each one of you as personally as I do even though he isn't a blog stalker.

4. Do you keep track of how often people update their blogs and get upset when they don't keep to the schedule?? I don't keep track but I want updates! Even if it is to say that you have nothing to say give me something new to read!!

5. Favorite time of day to check blogs? When I get home at night.

6. Who's blog is your favorite? Umm, well I love many but somehow you just connect with people and from the start I have prayed for and worried alongside of Tara and Eric, Renee and Geert, the Bakers, and the Breedloves.

7. How many of the blogs that you follow are people that you have never met in person? I have never met any of them!!!

8. How long have you been married? almost 3 wonderful years

9. Fav. food? vanilla ice cream and mini chocolate chips!! I only like the little ones and I have to have a lot of them!!!

10. Fav. TV show? Grey's Anatomy, anything reality, and Days of Our Lives (and Tara was embarrassed to put MTV!! this has got to be worse!)

11. Anything that you forbid your kids to watch on TV? This is tough, I would love to say that I am going to ban TV but I have seen my nieces and nephew in action! They love their cartoons and Disney channel!!! Nothing too violent for Ian.

12. How long was your adoption journey from beginning to end? We started in April 2007, and are still waiting on our referral!!!

14. What did you imagine your family to be like as a little girl? Great husband, great children, and lots of vacations!! My fairy tale will be complete when our little one gets here!

15. Favorite Momma down time activity? My favorite down time activity will always be sleeping!! I love to walk with my mom and talk on the phone with my sister but boy do I like to nap (too bad I don't ever get to!!!)

16. Do you have more online friends than "in person" friends? Nope. Other than MySpace and email I never had any online communication!

17. Tell us the cartoon character that you most look like: Miss Piggy? HAHA, I guess more like Daffy Duck!

18. What toothpaste do you use? Colgate

19. Stupidest adoption comment/question that you've received? I can't even say it on here, it hurt me to my soul and showed stupidity that I will never forget.

20. Fav. non-adoption website? currently... lowes.com or homedepot.com!!!

7 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am the biggest Grey's Anatomy fan too! In fact...I wrote a post about it just a couple of weeks ago on our family site. I can't wait for it to start again...I have missed it so! It is fun to read more about you. My husband knows all about everyone too...only because I talk about it constantly! It is comforting to find others that suffer from the same addiction :) Amy

Ian's Sissy said...

Hello...I did too accept the job, lol!!! You give me purpose :) hehe And what about ER??? Seriously, if you want to be a TV addict, you have to include ER! Anyway, I can't wait for your fairy tale to be complete, it makes my heart smile at the thought;) (And my kids do know the other blog kids, hehe Lucas keeps asking which one is Ian, I can't wait until I can tell him, he'll be so proud, he'll need to hand out cigars too) LOVE YA

Tara said...

first off- How could I have forgotten Grey's Anatomy?! That is defanitly on my list.
2. Don't ever say that you look like Miss Piggy!! (Or Daffy Duck for that matter!)
3. Only the small choclate chips...LOL!

Dustin & Amy said...

I enjoyed your answers...i will have to work on my own this evening...

And, any size chocolate chips work at all times, for any occasion

Jocelyn said...

I started to laugh so hard when I read this...due to the fact that I am watching Days while I am reading blogs:-) Gotta love it!! I hear that E.J. is going to be killed off...hmmm..intersting:-)I have nothing else to blog about!!

Renee said...

Lindsey- I love Days and even more emabarassing "Passions"!
Renee

Amy B. said...

We are going to Louisville to get printed, but Indy has our paperwork. They said they just scheduled us for our fingerprints in Louisville because it is closer, then Indianapolis will just pick up the prints and process our paperwork. There have been people that have gone through Indianapolis that have gotten their I-171H back in 5-7 days. Oh...I would be so excited if that was us too!It will be a lot of fun to be waiting together...if waiting can be fun :)
Amy