Sunday, August 26, 2007

3 weeks...check

Okay we have made it three weeks!! This one was quick. We bought some land started building a house, picked out brick color...the list goes on. This house couldn't have come at a better time for us!!! We needed to be putting our minds on something not referral related! So now I am spending more time in Lowes than shopping for baby stuff and that is a good thing for the time being. We met another family this week who is in the process just a few days ahead of us! I have spent a good deal of time reading their posts and I have to say that I am truly inspired! They are such a beautiful and wonderful family!!! I feel so blessed to be going through this adoption alongside so many wonderful people! I think about the children that God will entrust in our care and I can't help but get teary eyed because of how much love they will receive!! In every blog that I visit I can feel hearts full of love for a child that is not yet known. It is pretty powerful stuff!
So here's to another week under our belts!

4 comments:

Tara said...

hmmm, i wish i had something to take my mind off all things baby related...i guess i need to go build a house or something. :) sounds like so much fun though!!
so does the new family who's waiting for a referral have a blog? you know that i would love to have another family to "blog stalk"! (the only reason that that statement isn't totaly creepy is because you know we ALL do it)

Amy B. said...

From one blog stalker to another...I understand! I know what you mean about wanting some concrete answers. I am trying not to get aggravated with the 3-5 month answer, but honestly I just can't see why it would take that long. If that family has a blog page (the one Tara was talking about) has a website I would love to look at it too. If it isn't a public access blog...My email is Breedlove75@hotmail.com. We all love to have more families to follow that are at a similar place in the process. I will be so excited to click on your blog and see that you have a referral...maybe this is the week!
Amy

Jocelyn said...

I am glad to know that there is no law against blog stalking. I feel like that is all I do lately. Maybe we need to start a support group....My name is Jocelyn and yes I am an adoption blog stalker!!!:-)

This waiting is hard stuff!!

Amy B. said...

I have that link on mine...I just didn't realize until you mentioned it that they are with Gladney. I am still holding out that we will all have our referrals within 6 weeks. I can't let my self think that it will be longer than that. I really want my baby home by Christmas...that has been my goal all along. I want him home for Christmas! Amy