Friday, August 3, 2007

That's what I'm talking about!!!

"Dear Cortney and Lindsey,

You are officially placed on waitlist to receive a referral! Currently, the waitime to receive a referral can be up to three months-five months to receive a referral. Please keep in mind that this timeline is subject to change at any time. Congratulations on making it through the tedious dossier process!"

Yep you got it, we are officially waiting for the baby!!! Do I need to tell you how excited I am???? I have tried to call everyone tonight to let them know that today the stressful waiting starts but no one is home!! This is the beginning of some very long months for us. First we wait and hope and pray for a referral. Then we have a picture of our little angel and we wait and hope and pray for a fast court date. THEN WE TRAVEL!!! Then life as we know it will change forever!! YAY YAY YAY!!! Kate with KBS Dossiers is the best ever! She took the scary right out of getting the paperwork together. She was there to assure us the whole way and I am so thankful that our completed dossier will be in DC on Monday and in Ethiopia sometime soon. But who cares...WE ARE ON THE WAIT LIST!!! That means that somewhere in Ethiopia the devoted Gladney workers will be searching for our baby!
In the meantime we have been working on baby shower stuff. It is so good because I am doing something in preparation of the the baby. Here is a pic of me and Jamie working on the cutest little favors...


And here are the cutest little favors...




And here is Pacey who is not excited about becoming a big brother...


Also, we finally decided on a video camera. It is ordered and will be here in plenty of time before the referral. Cortney was saying tonight that he would rather be waiting for the referral than waiting for the court date. I don't like either but he says that he doesn't know how well we will handle knowing the baby is over there but not being able to go get him. We have to go through all kinds of things that are going to be rough, heck we have been through plenty of rough. But very soon, it will be over and these feelings will be replaced with something far more wonderful..the love of my child.

2 comments:

Ian's Sissy said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe I missed this call!!!! I'd WON'T miss the next one!!! I wish I could go on over there and wait for him/her/them to be ours! I have to agree with Cort on the referral being tought to wait for, but even this makes me aware that our baby is all ready there. WHERE COMING FOR YOU IAN!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Renee said...

Hi! This is Renee- thanks for adding a comment to our blog. I'm so happy everytime I find a new Gladney Family especially one that is on the same timeline as us. We are waiting for CIS approval at this point and can't wait to be offically waiting! I look forward to following your story!
Renee