Wednesday, August 22, 2007

19th day of waiting!

Did I mention that I can't take my eyes off the pot?? Ahhh, I need help to take my mind off the fact that my little bundle of joy is almost certainly in Ethiopia waiting to be matched with the two most eager adults you will ever see!!! Yes we know that a referral may take up to 3 months. UP TO three months. That doesn't mean it will take three months!! It could be one month or 1/2 a month or 2 months... Each day I wake up and pray that God will allow me to think about the 10 million other things we have going on right now but somehow my mind always drifts back to the single most wonderful blessing (aside from my salvation) that God will give us. I know that it is greedy to pray for us to learn about our child because after all the tragedy that will lead up to us getting him is not even something I am thankful for.

On a side note, tomorrow we will buy what will become the future home of baby Clevinger! Yep you got it, we are moving...eventually. Our contractor will begin construction on our house on Friday and then the race will be on! Which will come first, the house or the baby??? LOL It is kind of funny but not really because we could have to move after the baby gets here and from the attachment books I've read that may not be a smart move.
Maybe this will consume some of my energy, but it is not likely. Cortney and I stand there in the middle of a nice lot located in a beautiful subdivision and watch the children ride bikes and play. We can't help but picture Ian in 5 years doing the same things. We were so excited to find out that our neighbor is also an adoptive mom to 2 boys!! Maybe a blessing in disguise???

1 comment:

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

I love your honesty and your heart! Ian is going to be overwhelmed with his parents love. Can you sleep? I was up all night last nigt praying for our little one's mama.
Blessings! Here's to a short wait!!