Thursday, August 30, 2007

1 month and counting

By the time many of you read this we will have been officially waiting one month (well 4 weeks at least)!! I won't lie and say that we aren't hoping that it will be any day that we get the call!! We were concerned with our house building situation because we aren't sure when we will bring baby boy home and when we will move into our new house. We had been told by the homestudy agency that if we moved after the referral we would just catch up on the post placement visit. However Natalie told us that we will have to update our homestudy and send it back to CIS if we move before we return home with Ian. So, I am hoping that baby boy will be home before we move so that we don't have to do anymore paperwork! We are hoping to be in our new house by Christmas (wink wink again from the contractor) so God willing we will already be home and settled with the baby. Moving will be tough but I am sure that we will make it as smooth a transition as possible. Cortney and I have moved many many times during the past 7 years (just ask the friends and family who have helped us!!) If there is one thing that we are good at it is making any house feel like home quickly!! Hopefully this will be our final move. We are finally building our dream house (well, dream house on a budget) in our dream neighborhood and with God's blessings we will fill it with our dream family!!

I have had so much fun reading everyone's adoption surveys. Cortney was saying last night how good it has been to have the blog because of the connections we have with others in the same situation. Our common goal of bringing our precious children home puts us in a position to understand the highs and lows of the paperwork and waiting. I have looked to blogs for support and answers many times over the past few months. It makes the waiting just a little more bearable.

8 comments:

dwg said...

I think I may have a problem! I'm certainly obsessive...I think. I went through the Gladney pages of the families that have already gotten referrals and I noticed that almost everyone of them got their referrals on a Friday. So, maybe tomorrow will be the day! There were a couple of familes that got theirs on different days of the week, but most of them were on a Friday. Just thought you would be interested in that little tidbit of info that I figured out through my blog obsession! But now that I mentioned it, we will all probably get referrals on a Monday or Tuesday :)
Amy

Amy B. said...

Sorry that was me that published the other comment. I just forgot to sign my husband out before I clicked publish. Amy

Dustin & Amy said...

I could not agree more on the lift the different blogs have made for us. The four of us seem to be almost lock-step in our journey, with only a few days buffering each milestone. It is truly a blessing to have this network of folks rowing the same boat.

I try every day to find the hidden blessing and truth in waiting--it is not a fool's errand, but it certainly difficult.

Here hoping for the jackpot telephone call.

-dustin

Keva said...

One month down...way to go us. Oh, how I hope you baby boy comes home before your house is done. Maybe you can have a Thanksgiving baby and a Christmas house.

Keva said...

We used a diffrent agency for our Homestudy and so we have a Internation Cooridnator from that agnecy that works with Gladney/Natalie(we are using them for the International and Travel portion of the adoption) and she is the one that called and told me Belay was nearing completion with our Dossier and once finished we would be put down for a court date. She did mention that she got this info. from Natalie. But I am trying to leave Natalie alone. I hope this helps...if it makes you feel better I confused when I got off the phone.

Jocelyn said...

I agree with what you said, reading everyone's blogs makes the going through the process so much easier. It will also be fun to watch all of our kids grow!! One month down hopefully only days to go:-)

Jocelyn said...

Hey Lindsey, did you know that Phillip and Belle are going to be in Tulsa this week?? I'll tell them you said hi and I will also tell Belle to get back to Shawn and quit following Phillip. I tell you, what is that girl thinking:-) Hee Hee!!

Keva said...

I will keep everyone posted IF we find anything new out. Natalie is not very forthcoming with info. What age range will Ian be? We have requested 12-24mos., boy. Maybe we are all in the same group and we will all be getting calls soon.