Saturday, September 1, 2007

Perspective

The other day my sister told me about a story that she heard on the radio about adoption. It has taken until tonight for me to understand and deal with what she said.

As we wait and I complain and cry about how much I want the baby to be here and how I don't understand why we have to be in the dark about referral times and that we are worried about if we will have the baby home by Christmas, I have lost perspective. I have misplaced the meaning of why we first began this journey. If you go back to my very first post you will see that it was God who led us to this place and provided the way for us to adopt this child from a country in which he revealed to us as needy. It was God who guided our minds and our thoughts and orchestrated the events over the past 3 years so that we may be prepared to do his work. I have forgotten somewhere along the way that this isn't about me, or even baby Ian, this is about God. This is about my service and obedience to him and my part in His perfect plan. My eyes get clouded by the devils haste but my Savior has never forgotten nor forsaken me. In times that I felt my heart would break from the longing for a child, He pulled me through and showed me His tender comfort like only he can provide. I am His servant and He is my king, why do I think for a moment that this wait is anything but His plan for me? This comfort I have found tonight is wonderful and I pray that I have the faith to prevent the devil from snatching it away. For those of you waiting for something tonight, may God Bless you with the strength to hand it over to Him.

6 comments:

Keva said...

Very encouraging you are...press on.

jennifer said...

Beautifully said! Our babies will be with us in His time. We are praying for you daily.

Tara said...

Thanks for the precious words...I feel like I have felt these very things and maybe even said these very things...praise God for his faithfulness- even when we forget about it for a little while!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Perspective is such a funny thing! You are so right, it all comes down to having HIS perspective and not OUR perspective. Thank you for sharing your precious process!

Erica said...

Amen and Amen sista! I can so relate. In His time our sweet children will join us. The testimony of His faithfulness will prevail. Praying for you as you wait.

Tara said...

Ummmm, check Renee's blog!!