Monday, September 17, 2007

Tagged by Tara

I have been challenged by Tara to post 8 interesting things about myself. This is really difficult since the most interesting thing about me is that I am adopting my first child from Ethiopia but everyone already knows that!!! So here are 8 things nonetheless that may or may not be interesting!!!

1. Watermelon is my favorite food of all time!! My brother-in-law and I can cut a watermelon in half eat our part in one sitting!!!

2. I started water skiing when I was 3 with my dad!!

3. I have a doctorate in pharmacy!

4. I got married in Las Vegas at the Little White Wedding Chapel to by high school sweet heart and love of my life!

5. I treat my dog like he is a real boy. Anyone who knows us knows Pacey our little (80lb) puppy! He isn't aware that he is a d-o-g and we sure aren't gonna tell him!!!

6. Like Tara I love to worship in the car! I play my Christian music as loud as I can and scream
the words like an opera star!! I cry, praise, and sing in a short car ride far more focused than in my bed at night!!

7. I got to see my niece Emma come into the world. She was the most beautiful little baby!

8. When I was little I used to eat coffee grounds! I loved them and I would sneak and eat them all the time!! (I'm not sure why my mom didn't give me a vitamin since it sounds like I was certainly deficient in something!!)

Work continues on the house. We hope to have walls this week!! I love progress!!

7 comments:

Tara said...

how exciting- walls! it is always good to have a house with walls. :)

I laughed so hard when you said that you ate coffee grounds! It's not like they taste good in any way...speaking of, when I was little my brother and I ate dog bones (milkbones)...I can't decide if yours is grosser than mine or not...eenie meenie...
:)

Amy B. said...

Are you requesting a boy or a girl? I was looking at the Fournet's site and saw the comment about 140 families in the Ethiopia program...thats a big number, isn't it? What will our lives be like when we don't have all this blog investigating to do? Amy

Jocelyn said...

My son...Peanut...doesn't know he is a dog either. I know this might shock you since we all have been so educated recenlty but he doesn't know he is adopted:-) I just couldn't ever bring myself to tell him!! No worries, he won't figure it out anytime soon!!

Renee said...

I also have two other adopted children, Maya and Lola. Like Jocelyn- they think I actually gave birth to them! I love them so much so I can't even imagine how much I'm going to love my children! We're letting them spend alot of time in the kids room these days trying to get them used to things and trying to teach them that not all stuffed animals are theirs. (this is going to be a hard one) Ok, so I was just thinking if for some crazy and wonderful reason you receive a referral for a girl do you have a name picked out? It seems like there are so many people asking for boys right now there may acutally be chance that you'll get a referral for a baby girl! Hope you're doing well- hang in there!
Renee

~Laura~ said...

I'm a car worshiper to. I have a GREAT CD that I've made of my all time favorite worship music and I blare in the car and sing my heart out. My kids love it! :)

The coffee grounds thing is hilarious! GROSS!! :)

Amy B. said...

Hey...did you see the post on the Daileaders site. They said that the Gladney house if full of babies (under 9 months) that have been matched...just not referred yet! Maybe your little man is there already and just waiting on paperwork or something. Maybe it won't be long and our little Nathan will be there too! Amy

Drew Carey Show said...

Lindsey! Maybe our babies are there now! Did you see Sherlock Daileader's post? Here's hoping!