Thursday, September 27, 2007

2 months of waiting for a referral

Tomorrow is 8 weeks of waiting over at camp Clevinger! I am beyond anxious. I spoke with Natalie today who assured me that she could not tell us how many families are currently waiting for a referral. You can call it forensic blogging, or WORAP (Waiting on Referral Adoption Psychosis) as Jocelyn so nicely puts it, but basically I have turned into some crazy, freaked out person obsessed with all ringing phones!!! I try every day to not allow all of the hope to creep in but somehow between the hours of 9am and 5pm (Gladney time) I find myself running over top of people to answer all ringing phones. At Rite Aid we have 7 lines and I have actually hung up on people if someone else wasn't available to answer a ringing phone! Does this make me a bad pharmacist?? Maybe, but the thought that Natalie may be calling to deliver the news of a referral makes me do crazy things!!! I'm sure it will stop...after we have baby Clevinger home! All of you blog stalkers out there rest assured that as soon as we have the referral I will certainly post ASAP!!
The optimistic side of me hopes that 8 weeks is nearing the end but I have to tend to the glass half empty side of me that says settle in for another 4-5 weeks of waiting=( Hope I have something good to share soon!

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I am the same about the phones. I was doing ok about that until this week for some reason. Every phone call this week, my heart started to race and then came the big let down when I would look to see who it is!! So, pharmacist, do you have any meds for WORAP?? If so, send them my way:-)
By the way, Days is sort of getting interesting isn't it???

Amy B. said...

I really hope there is good news soon! I know that if I am anxious about your referral...you must be beside yourself. I just can't wait to click on your site and see "REFERRAL". You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. Amy

jennifer said...

Is it my imagination or is the waiting getting more difficult? It is getting harder to focus on anything else but the referral. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Tara said...

I don't think this will make you feel any better but my blog stalking days have become crazier now too. Now that I know you should have a referral anyday, I check and check your blog just to make sure I havent missed anything! I don't even want to know what I will be like when I am waiting on my own child!! (psycho, that's what I'll be) I can't wait to "meet" your baby!!!

Jen and Brian Cantwell said...

Hi Lindsey,

I'm also waiting with Gladney and doing forensic blogging. How many people are waiting now by your count? Please email me! jencantwell@comcast.net

~Laura~ said...

I've absolutely a blog stalker right now. I've been checking your blog a couple of times a day to see if you got your referral. Today has been super bad because I was really hoping today would be the day. Hope to see the REFERRAL post soon. :)

Renee said...

I've been waiting all day for the week 8 post. I also talked to Natalie today and tried to get some info about referals-nothing, she wouldn't give up anything. I told her I had some really great friends that I want to travel with and I'm just curious if they might be giving any referals. Just think once you get your referal though it will move so fast becasue the courts we'll be open and you'll be ready to rock n roll...yeah I know that probably didn't help much but I'm trying!!! :) I hope you have a great weekend! How's the house coming along?
Renee

Lori said...

I can't imagine what it might feel like to be two-months waiting. We're currently not even two-weeks waiting. Here's hoping it comes soon!