Thursday, September 20, 2007

7 weeks..tomorrow of course!

I'm not sure why but I always find myself in the mood to blog on Thursdays!! Mystery to me as to why!! I think that all blogging families have read the Daileader's blog and we have all instantly been filled with hope! Cortney and I know that Ian may not be one of the babies currently in the Gladney house but it gives us the reassurance that progress is being made. Needy babies are being identified, Gladney is locating these children, medical tests are being done, and families are being matched all during these days which are filled will hope that the phone will ring and Natalie will be on the other end. The wait is so hard and I think that any family will tell you that the hardest part is being in the dark.

The house project is moving nicely. We have walls...on the first floor at least!!! I would love to say that it is taking up some of my nervous energy but I don't think that any project can take the constant "what ifs" out of day!! What if today is the day, what if he is in the Gladney house now, what if it is tomorrow...ahh, exhausting to say the least!!!

5 comments:

Amy B. said...

I know! I am only one day in, but for weeks I have been calculating and trying to figure out everything. Since yesterday all I can think about is reading the Daileader's blog and hearing of all of those babies. Then, after today's post I even have more hope. In fact, I just titled the post I wrote "Hope". That is going to be a common word around blog world for a while, I think. I hope along with you that your little Ian is there waiting for you and that the phone will ring any time now. I have to hope that maybe Nathan isn't too far behind Ian (maybe they even know each other already) :) I am counting on Renee being right...that it is easier once you know who your child is...cause this waiting thing is terrible. Amy

Amy B. said...

If you get pictures of the babies will you email them to me? A girl can at least dream, right? No...I would love to at least see their sweet faces. My email is breedlove75@hotmail.com
Amy

Jocelyn said...

I have to say that I was even more hopeful and I am not using Gladney:-)I did get very sad at first when she talked about the babies looking so sad at the orphanage. I kept thinking what if one of them is Payton and who is loving her? Then I quickly changed my thinking to if she is one of those babies, she will be home in my arms soon. Do you think there is such thing as pre-adoption psychosis?? If so I have it:-)

Domestic Diva said...

Our wait was 8 weeks yesterday so it looks like we are at about the same point as ya'll. I am just so excited to hear about all of the infants in the Gladney foster home. Our kids may not be in that group but I look at it this way, the more babies that are located and referred the closer we are to getting our "call" so even if they are not in this group of babies ours can be too far behind! Prayers for all of us waiting families.
Amanda Frey

~Laura~ said...

you'll post as soon as you get your referal right? I think it's going to be very soon. :) I can't wait.