Thursday, June 19, 2008

Can I Get a WOOT WOOT??

IT'S HERE!!!! We have I-171H approval to adopt one beautiful little darling girl! I quickly copied it, notarized it, certified it at the county level and shipped it off to the KY Secretary of State for certification today! One last document and we say adios to our SECOND dossier!!! Last night I spent over 2 hours scanning our certified documents to burn to a CD for Gladney. NEVER AGAIN! I was once again kicking myself for not using Kate Sproat (KBS Dossiers) for the dossier. I don't think that I really understood the amount of stress she took off of us until this time.
We are so excited that now we may get to have some kind of correspondence with our lovely little sweetie. They told us that they will be showing her pictures of us and reading her a letter written by us, introducing ourselves. I wrote the letter over a month ago but each time I read it I change something. How does one write such a letter??? A letter saying, hello, my name is...., and if everything goes well we will be the closest of family??? She is a little person with an opinion on what she wants and doesn't want. Do we make reference to being "mommy" and "daddy"? Should that wait? Is she ready to hear those things from us? We have spent months falling in love with pictures and notions of how she is and who she is. And she...hasn't had a clue that 9000 miles away two people were pining over her picture and praying intensely that she would soon join their family. As with many adoptive parents (not all so I hear) it is love/bonding at first sight. I know that legally she isn't our daughter yet but the bonding has already started. If for some reason, God doesn't have it in his plan for us to adopt this little girl (which I don't believe is so) I would want her to know that she was loved by us in the "mommy"/"daddy" way. I would want her to know that two people cared so much about her that we did everything we could with the tools God gave us to bring her into our family. So, that is the long way of saying that I want so badly to refer to myself as her mommy and Cortney her daddy. Still praying about all that.

Last weekend Ian went on his first boating trip. We had a great time with my sister, her husband and all of our kidos! Life is good. We are happy...a little happier today=) I am working hard to not rush things and to enjoy each and every day of Ian. These are the days I have waited all my life for and I want to remember each smile, word, and action forever!


SUPER EXCITED FAMILY!! It was a love/hate relationship with the tube!

Cuteness


Coolness
Sometimes you just have to have a pink fly swat with a big pink flower on it from the Dollar Tree.


And sometimes you have to carry that pink fly swat around all night until bedtime and mommy has to sneak it away as you go to sleep!



15 comments:

Jocelyn said...

CONGRATS!!!

Leah Reeves said...

That is great....another dossier done. I will pray for a fast and smooth court date.

DC said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! This is SO exciting! :)

Love the latest pics of Ian. What a cutie!

Angela said...

I am so very excited for your family! Congratulations!

Around the World said...

I told you it was coming!!! Not sure if you saw it on my blog yet - but we lost our referral yesterday! we are bummed - we are open for another one - but it is stil hard to lose a referral!!!!

I am SO glad your I-171 arrived!! It was only a few days after ours....Keep me posted!!

LESLEY

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Excellent news! That seemed to go fast (probably because I wasn't the one wading through the paperwork!) So what does the process look like from here, as I assume it's a bit different? Very exciting. Hope all goes smoothly!

graceling said...

Yea! Can't wait until you can share even more about your newest sweetie!

Sam said...

COngrats! Mine came last week. I am sending mine to Columbus this week! Maybe we really will be traveling close. although hopefully for you it will be sooner! I am dreading scanning all those things t oo.....ay yi yi!

Renee said...

The look on your face is priceless! I love it! Congratulations! Kate is just waiting to get our documents back from the secretary of state and then I think we should be on "The List". I remember having similiar questions in my head when I wrote Maryn her first letter, of course she was much younger and the situation was different but I do understand about wanting to say "mommy" and "daddy" but not knowing what to do. Let's talk soon, we need to catch up!
Renee

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I, too, remember how difficult it was to write a letter introducing our daughter to us. I struggled..... Somehow, we managed a short and sweet letter with family pictures and off it went!
Blessings,
Kristy

A Team said...

YEA!!!!

So glad to hear! You guys are precious!!! LOVE ALL THE PICS!

www.tnateam.blogspot.com

:-)
Trace

LISA said...

Wow, it seems like just yesterday i saw the "look how big the fish was" of your son.At the rate I'm going you'll have your 2nd child home before we get ours.Ugggghhh!!
Taking FOREVER.....!!
Congrats on your I171H!!!

mama becca said...

That is so GREAT!
Can't wait for you to go get your sweetie... congrats :).
becca

Nicholas said...

YES!! Woot Woot from NH!!

How wonderful, the expression on your face says it ALL!! So cute!

Congrats, how exciting!!!

Dustin & Amy said...

Excellent!

This is all tinged with a bit of deja vu, eh?

We are so excited for you all to bring your little one home.

We will continue to pray for grace and wisdom as you continue on this path.

btw...the pics of Ian are just precious!