Monday, December 8, 2008



Since when does an 18 month old not need any sleep? We cut out a the second nap, put him to bed later and still for months he gets up at 2-3am and stays up until 5-6am. Once in a while he will throw us a bone and sleep all night...maybe 1 night a week if we are super lucky. He doesn't cry at night. Just screams in delight, claps his hands, jibber jabbers, yells mommy and daddy. You name it...at 3am he is doing it. We try to take turns getting up but really he will not let anyone sleep. Mystery. Today he had zero nap time. No nap. You would have thought that he would just fall over somewhere asleep..nope. He will not go to sleep unless I have adequately rocked, hummed, shook, juiced...ahhh. Sweet sleep...I miss it.

7 comments:

Christina said...

um...wow...all I have to say is, there is NO WAY I would survive on that little sleep. seriously. you guys are amazing :).

just out of curiosity, have you tried putting him to bed earlier? i know that sounds very odd, but when D was waking up every two hours, our pedi told us to put him to bed earlier (around 7 or 7:30), and sure enough, D started sleeping through the night. strange, but true. :)

anyway, i would take your little man's happy middle of the night awakenings over D's screaming middle of the night awakenings any day :).

Amy B. said...

So sorry that sleep has still not found you :(

I got your Christmas card today...thank you! Very precious pictures.

I love Ian's dancing to the Santa. He has moves like Nathan :)

Amy

Nicholas said...

That is adorable - easy for me to say!

Lori S said...

This too shall pass....hopefully! (o:
It's just a good thing he's so cute and mom and dad love him so much!!

Renee said...

Oh my goodness...seeing this video just made me realize that Ian is the same size as Keller! How crazy is that! How far are you from Nashville? I saw Amy was there last weekend and I thought maybe that could be a good location for a girls weekend? What do you think, I'm dying to see you- I can't believe it's been a year. It feels like a few months ago!
Renee

~Laura~ said...

Sorry that Ian is not that interested in sleeping but he's really darn cute with his dancing and twirling around.

Schlafers said...

Too funny!