Saturday, February 9, 2008

Updates..

Last week Ian and I tried to make the local version of "Mommy & Me" but we were running late and missed our time slot. I stayed a few minutes for the older kids time and he was more excited about this little girl's big hair bow than the 3 stories that were read!!! Anyway we had fun singing a couple of songs and chatting with other mommies. I wanted to try something fun with him because I think he gets bored with me. I sing the same songs and play the same games! I'm sure he is wishing I would switch it up for him but honestly I don't know any others!!!

I am proud to report that he is sitting up very well on his own now. He can reach for things on all sides and manage to come back to sitting without toppling over. I don't think he will ever crawl because he hates being on his tummy! I put him there and he stays seconds then flips over. I have tried everything to get him to stay on his tummy but nothing works for that little strong willed boy! He gets very ill with me when I don't behave!!! I'm learning that you just let the child lead!

We are still attempting to navigate our social life with a baby. I don't know how anyone does it! Ian goes to bed between 9 and 10 and if we don't go too, sleep isn't going to happen for us that night! How do you go out to dinner and have friends over but be home by 8:30 for the bath/winding down routine? So far sleep has trumped all social activities!!! Ahh, sweet sleep, a commodity that I didn't know I could have so little of!!

Enjoy the pictures of my growing precious boy! I hate to boast but I do believe he is a momma's boy!!












9 comments:

graceling said...

Sounds like Momma needs to go and buy a few baby CDs. You will be singing tons of songs before you know it!

Also, perhaps it is time to behold the beauty of the lunch date! (Or my favorite- the coffee date!)

It's rough when life is dictated by baby's schedule, but even worse when you trump the schedule and baby doesn't get sleep! It will get better soon:)

Renee said...

ok I know I say this everytime but I just can't get over how much Ian is changing! Of course he gets cuter everyday and he looks so healthy and happy! We are also having the same problem with our social life except our carriage turns into a pumpkin at 7:30pm!!
Miss you guys!
Renee

Angie said...

Ahhh, all this to look forward to! I love it! Looks like you guys are having a great time, and lots of changes. Enjoy every moment! I know we enjoy hearing about it. :)

Nicholas said...

There's only a tiny tidbit of advice from when Nicholas was a "baby" that I can share that is so true...

Sometimes you just don't go anywhere... but have people over to babysit; OR,have people over to your house so you can put the little guy to bed at his normal time etc.... We had to put our social life on a "small" hold for a short period of time if things couldn't accomodate our babes' schedule. Period. That's parenting.

Sounds harsh, but that's how it was for us for a SHORT TIME. As with everything in life, this too will pass (and quicker than you could ever imagine).

My favorite cousin (that had three right in a row) always said something that I still remember and hold very true and dear to my heart; "The days are long sweetie, but the years are short".

Now that our Nick is four, I can't tell you how strong and true those words of wisdom are....

You'll find the right rhythm for your family. No doubt. Nobody's advice is right or wrong, just go with what is right for your family and don't let anyone make you feel that you're doing it "wrong". There is no wrong unless you're abusing or neglecting your child (which is clearly the case) so don't sweat it! You're doing great!

xo Lori

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Love the pictures. He is seriously so precious. Is he as laid back as he looks? The look in his eyes is just so...calm! What an angel:)

Rebecca said...

Love the pictures! What a cutie!

Angie said...

He is such a cutie pie...I didn't think he could get any cute--but I was wrong!!

I can't wait to take some pics!!! Let me know when is good for you guys!!

Love ya!!

BTW~Cort looks handsome with a gotee :P

Natalie Fournet said...

He is so adorable! Worth the lack of sleep:) Laughing...as my husband and I have to have grandma watch the kids over night, just so we can occasionally sleep late...we never thought we would love sleep sooo much:)

~Laura~ said...

Our social life when the kids where little were more of having friends over to hang out at our house so the babes can go to sleep on schedule. I wasnt real strict on the schedule once they got older but I was when they were little. I'd still splurge and get a sitter and go out every once in a while but there will be plenty of time for a social life once he gets a little bigger. It will be easier to leave him when he's bigger too. It's hard to leave him when you've been at work all day and you just want to spend time with him at night. I totally get that. Hang in there sweetie!