Monday, February 4, 2008

My sweet baby!



Ok, so I feel really uplifted by all the positive comments I got from my back to work post! Thank you working moms everywhere for making me feel okay about leaving Ian. It is getting easier I think but I still have mornings that I weep around and cry when I look at him. It is so great to have my family keeping him while I work and it is nice knowing that they are as crazy about him as I am!
I can't believe how much he is growing and when I put something on him that didn't fit but now does...I get a little sad. I don't want my little sweetie to grow up on me!! Still no teeth, no crawling, and no sign of saying ma ma! He loves to play the repeat game though where he makes a sound and I repeat it. I have tried to slip a ma ma in there when he starts repeating me but he says..."Da". Oh well...at least I know he has a sense of humor!!!
We have tried to pin him down to a sleep schedule but he changes things up on us quite often. When we first got home he would sleep about 11 hours straight. Now we go to bed at 10ish and wake at 4am for a bottle. Sometimes the 4am bottle turns into when mommy gets up if I have to go to work that day!!! He is a load of fun when he wakes up so I am still taking it in stride! Daddy isn't so much fun at 4am so most of the time we don't invite him to play!! As you can see in the video he has noticed what a beautiful baby he is. He loves to kiss himself in the mirror. That toy has a mirror on one side and he enjoys admiring himself in it and then giving the occasional kiss! He has started giving me kisses too lately! There is nothing like that big open mouth, slobbery kiss while he has both hands twisted in my hair!!
We decided to put the baby in the bed with us early on and I am wondering at what point he will go into the pack and play. While in Ethiopia we didn't have a crib in the room so we just let him sleep between us. When we got home, we stayed with my parents so he just slept between us. Then we moved into our new house and the nursery is all the way upstairs and the house seems so big when I am that far away from him. Either way, he is in the bed with us for now and moving him to the pack and play beside the bed is going to be our first step. I'm just not sure when we will be ready to take that step=)
Off to bed I go, 4am comes early and my playmate doesn't like it when I fall over asleep on him!!!

9 comments:

graceling said...

Abigail says: He is so cute! Why is he eating the daddy's blanket?

I say: He is so cute! Someone is teething:) And I love momma's accent!

graceling said...

Abigail also says: He is so funny. He must be a boy. He looks like a little boy. I want to watch that movie again.

I say: Yep, I think Ian is addictive!

Tara said...

I am not going to lie...he is getting bigger! And his hair is longer! But he is getting more and more precious as the days go by!
You guys might be the cutest little family ever. :) And I love that you guys get fun mommy/Ian time in the mornings- that so special!

Natalie Fournet said...

He is so cute and getting so big! I have a 4 and 5 year old...and still cry looking at them sometimes and think how quickly they are growing up! Especially when I see them sleeping....oh they get so big so fast! I can tell you are really enjoying this time!

Nicholas said...

His little squeaks are soo cute!

Lori said...

Love that he knows he's pretty :) So cute!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

What a blessing that you realize what a gift every day is with that sweet boy. I think that you're in love! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

Renee said...

oh Lindsey- he is getting so big and cuter everyday! I'm glad to hear it's getting easier going to work- I'll be going back in a few weeks. First thing in the AM is also my favorite time with the kids!
Renee

~Laura~ said...

how stinkin' cute is he! I'm glad to hear that work is going better. It's so hard at first but it does get better. honestly, I've been a working mom for 8 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. Some girls are made to be home and I'm not one of them. ;) I only work part time so I'm sure that has alot to do with why I enjoy it. I NEED adult interaction as well as talking to the kids. I'm a better momma because I work. I'm more patient with them because I get a little bit of a break. Don't get me wrong. I love them like crazy and love spending time with them...just not 24 hours a day. :)