Saturday, March 22, 2008

Details

Well, I don't know what to say other than...God is Awesome! He has placed another beautiful child, 9000 miles away, directly in our path once again. M* is 8 years old and she was all set to be a Bright Futures camper until just over a week ago. The moment we saw her little face we knew that God was telling us something. I contacted Gladney and asked if we could adopt her even though we cannot participate in the camp (because we live in KY). After a few days of making sure that we would be allowed to proceed we got "the email". All of the families who have gotten referrals or are waiting on one will get "the email"!!! The one with your future child's name in the subject line. The email said, "M*......more info..... Here are two books I highly recommend for you and your husband in preparing to adopt your daughter". AHHH, our DAUGHTER!

So now we start over with the paperwork. The dreaded applications and dossier but this time is a little different than with Ian. I already have this beautiful picture to help me get through the wait.

A little note about Gladney for any family lurking and trying to decide which agency to use. USE GLADNEY!! Adoption in general is a long and tedious process. It is full of waiting and uncertainty. I can say with total confidence that the people at Gladney love the children they are helping and care deeply for the families in the process. They may not know exactly how you are feeling in every step, but they truly care about you.

So this time around no pictures can be posted but if you are a Gladney family you probably know where the Bright Futures page is located and maybe you would like to have a look. (Hint hint)

23 comments:

graceling said...

She is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

DrewCareyShow said...

I can't believe it! Before you posted this, I actually said to Drew that I wondered if it was Mekdes from the BFC. And lo and behold! She's a beautiful girl. That's one beauty of a family you're creating. We're so excited to follow along your newest journey!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting - she is adorable!! Do you know when she got to the Gladney house? I have been scouring my pictures from our trip. My brother and sister-in-law and I have been deciding if the one girl in my pictures is her. Maybe her mommy could tell better :) Let me know! xo

Quinn Girls said...

What an adorable little girl. I am thrilled for your family. Mekdes is a cutie. The paperwork is so much easier the second time around. Wow!! Ian's going to have a big sissy, what fun!

Amy said...

She is ADORABLE!

So exciting and Congratulations!

Natalie Fournet said...

She is beautiful...how exciting for your family!

Jocelyn said...

I am so happy for you and can't wait to see her home with her mommy, daddy and baby brother:-)

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

I am thrilled for you guys. How incredible! I'm excited to follow this journey too! Maybe you can give me some pointers as we proceed with our next adoption! Congrats to you!

Nicholas said...

Blessings to you all - I can't wait to follow along the second ride of your life!

Sam said...

How exciting for you! I am so glad that this opportunity has presented itself and really excited for your family!!!!
Congrats!

Leah Reeves said...

You don't know me, but I have been following your jouney to your beautiful son. I can't wait to follow your journey to your daughter. How wonderful for your family.

Jillienne said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the details. These blogs are getting me through our wait for court!

Sam said...

I feel like i am stalking you. but i am thinking of switching to gladney. can we chat?
samsamh79@gmail.com

Adoption Cubed said...

What wonderful news! We are adopting an 11 year old boy that was going to participate in the Bright Futures Camp as well. I check the pages almost daily to see if the children have been matched up with families. It is nice to know that other older children are being adopted. Mekedes is beautiful! I look forward to following this second journey.
Blessings to you all.
Rebecca

Kelly said...

I must confess that I've been stalking your blog for quite some time now. I happen to stumble upon your blog while we were waiting for our Guatemalan prince to come home. I rejoiced with you when you accepted the referral of your sweet Ian, teared up when you brought him home and am now overjoyed to see that you are following God's will again. I will add your new adventure to my prayers.

God Bless,
Kelly

ellie said...

HOORAY! Congratulations! we are so happy for you guys. I just invited you to our other adoption blog. I could not find the picture of Mekdes on the Bright Futures camp website. We were actually told about Mekdes in Ethiopia and were hoping to meet her but never got to. It was because she was meant for you guys, that's why!

Rebecca said...

Congrats on adding to your family! I just checked out the Bright Futures camp page, but I guess she's no longer on there - probably because she already has a family :)

Debbie said...

I am not a Gladney family but would love to see a picture of your daughter...
wankel5@hotmail.com

We are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia too!!

Debbie

Erica said...

Congratulations!! How exciting!

~Laura~ said...

I can't find her and I HAVE to see her. :) Addison wants to know if they can be friends. :)

Around the World said...

Would you mind if I contacted you via email to get some information about Gladney? My husband and I searching for an adoption agency and I was referred to Gladney.

I am enjoying reading through your blog as well.....

my email is: lesleyscott@insightbb.com

Thanks so far

jen said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news. We didn't work with Gladney so I can't see the picture but I'm sure she is beautiful. Adoption is such a wonderful way to grow your family. Take Care, Jen

Hold Me Mommy said...

Thanks for your comments about Gladney! It is a hard decision to make and it is always good to hear positive feedback on the agency we just chose!!! Congratulations on your gorgeous boy and your beautiful girl!