Monday, March 17, 2008

Muy Finito

Finally our house is finished. Every part (except rain gutters) is finished. Well, we still need some grass too but that will come with sunshine! We just stood out there this evening looking at the yard, where the mess was just hours earlier, in amazement that finally we don't have a port-a-potty in our front yard!! YAY!!!
Tomorrow is round two of shots. Ian is just getting over an ear infection so tomorrow we will be back to fevers and a less than jovial baby=( I know that every mom says this but Ian really is the best baby ever! 99.9% of the time he is smiling, laughing, clapping, and playing. He has made this whole first time parent thing a piece of cake. I just never knew how much I could love this little person. I just look at him and get all choked up because I know how much I wanted him and now he is here..in person! (If you can't tell I still am in disbelief that he is really mine.)
Tomorrow also is the day that we can file the petition to re-adopt Ian in KY. I can't believe that we have to do this but here we go...adopting our son again! This is a process that we have to go through because of the type of visa that Ian was issued when we left Ethiopia. Since we did not meet him until after he was already adopted by us, he is not granted automatic citizenship in the US. All of this = more time at the local courthouse and more money! Our lawyer is a hideous man that is part of my company's free legal service. He has been rude, snide, and just plain hateful about the whole process. But...he is free, so we are enduring the pain for the sake of the wallet. I keep thinking that he can't mess this up hopefully he won't prove me wrong.
I have posted some pictures of Ian eating peas and carrots by himself! He is doing so much these days I can't even stand it sometimes. I want to sit on him and not let him grow up on me!!! I have also posted pics of our finished house! Enjoy!


Infectious Smile...




The hand is almost as good as the food!



Check out Pacey running through the mud! AHHHH






8 comments:

Ian's Sissy said...

Oh Great Goodness, I LOVE THAT BABY!!! These pics are sooooo adorable! Yippy the house has a yard and the grass will come...be still grass-hopper.

graceling said...

The house looks beautiful, and Ian is toooooo much!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

The house is gorgeous! But not quite as gorgeous as Ian:-)

Nicholas said...

Ian is growing like a weed! There is nothing we can do to stop it! As much as I wanted to stunt Nicholas from growing, he didn't. And it's a blessing because as good as it is right now, your love will grow and memories will support the intesity... Seriously, you won't believe this, it gets stronger! Really!

Great job on getting the port-a-potty gonzo! Yay!

Amy B. said...

Beautiful! Beautiful baby, beautiful house...all of it...just beautiful! I am looking into what the process is here in Indiana and what I need to get started on for Nathan's readoption. Not really looking forward to doing it...but I will be glad when he is legally Nathan Mussie :)

amy

Tara said...

The house is gorgeous! How wonderful is it to be in your dream house?? (well, I don't know if it's your dream house...but since you built I would assume...) :) Ian is looking so precious, I am loving his long hair! Handsome devil...

The Miller Family said...

Lindsey,
He is absolutely adorable! I am so happy for you and Cortney and would love to see you soon! What does Pacey think? I hope all is well with you guys and I am so happy for you! - Nancy

also - love the house!

Erica said...

BEAUTIFUL! The house and Ian. I'm so happy for you, what a relief to finally be able to move in.