Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day by Day

The past week has been so hectic! I had a stomach virus on Easter so we didn't go to church and I basically slept all day. Thank goodness for Daddy! I was drugged for the best part of the day and regular daddy turned into super daddy caring for mommy and child with the greatest of ease!

I have been trying to get some of our paperwork done so we can continue to move forward with the adoption of our daughter. Re-doing all of the paperwork seems a bit daunting and re-doing it while caring for Ian is dang near impossible! The ONLY time I have to work on it is after my sweet pea heads to bed and even then I can't relax because of his new crawling skills!! Daddy tends to not notice when baby wakes up and crawls out of the bed!! AHHH! One morning Cortney and I were getting ready and when we came into the bedroom Ian was rolling around on the floor!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! YIKES! I panicked and snatched him up out of the floor, freaking him out worse than the fall I think. Would it make more sense for him to sleep in the pack-n-play? Yes, yes it would. Have I tried to put him in the pack-n-play to sleep? Yes, yes I have and if mommy intends to ever get sleep...Ian will not be in the pack-n-play! Spoiled? I'm sure he is. Rotten? Some might say. He leads and I follow...he never steers me wrong!
Ian is progressing really well. He has started really crawling in the last week. He gets up on his hands and knees and can go ANYWHERE! His favorite places to go are the ones we keep dragging him out of. Our poor doggie, Pacey, really hates that Ian is so mobile. Ian tries his best to steal Pacey's bone right out of his mouth! Pacey politely declines sharing and makes every attempt to shoo Ian away. Ian, being the persistent little guy he is, doesn't like being shooed away so Pacey has to get up and walk into another room where he gets a moments peace before Ian makes his way back to him!! It is an entertaining saga that basically never ends! Those two keep us in stitches! Ian is pulling up and trying to stand on his own now. He lets go of things, sometimes haphazardly, and gives standing his best shot. Sometimes it works, sometimes not but either way he always trusts that someone will be behind him to catch him before he knocks himself unconscious on the floor! So far...someone has been there!
Parenting this child continues to be the most amazing thing I have ever done. We have quite the little love affair going on! I live for those kisses and not-so-soft pats on the cheeks! Nothing I have ever accomplished makes me feel as rewarded as when he sees me in the morning and smiles that big gummy smile!
We can't wait until our family is complete with our sweet daughter. Even though I feel lost in the paperwork once again, knowing that she is waiting for us puts things into perspective. I can't wait until we are all under the same roof (hopefully not all in the same bed) and I can kiss her goodnight!
I leave you with some pictures of our little man.

PS. M*' picture has been removed from the Bright Futures Camp page. She is no longer available for adoption because she is on her way to becoming a Clevinger!!

Pulling up on the toy!


Enjoying the gifts from the Easter Bunny!


Happy First Easter sweet cheeks!



Pacey loves him...most of the time (meal time mainly)!



He knows that this smile makes mommy laugh and gets Ian away with ANYTHING!!!






8 comments:

Adoption Cubed said...

I was thinking about you guys this week and wondered how the paperwork is going. It seems like Ian is growing by leaps and bounds. I think the three of you (including Pacey) are natural parents.
Rebecca

Jennifer said...

Finally a pic of Pacey and Ian! That is what I have been waiting for!

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait until your little girl comes home. Ian is getting so big...he is as cute as ever!! And now it is weird to read about your dog:-)

Leah Reeves said...

Ian is just too cute. The paperwork was easier for us the second time around. Although you have a baby.....we did not.
I can not wait to see a picture of your daughter.

Crazy Thorne's said...

Lindsey,
I have a beautiful picture of your daughter. If you email me your email I will pass it along.
pam@thornemail.com

Renee said...

I love the last picture of Ian- his personality is really coming out!

emily said...

Ian is precious! Praying that you find the time to get the paperwork done so you can bring your beautiful (saw her before it was taken down) daughter home!

I have such a heart for the older waiting kids:) God is indeed good in how He creates family. What a blessing for Ian to have a big sister.

Amy said...

Ian is still cute stuff! I have already said this, but I am really excited about you guys adopting your sweet girl!