Monday, April 7, 2008

cute shoes, sweet smiles, and a beautiful boy

I wish I had more to report on anything but the truth is we had a very relaxing weekend just hanging out with family! I continue to make progress on paperwork and I am proud of what I have been able to do while juggling many tasks. I have had some super help though. Cortney, my once paperwork fearing husband, is now the king of perfect documents! He searches through each document that he is responsible for making sure everything is perfect. He has had to have a few re-done but he fought those fights and I got to just sit back and watch! It is wonderful!

Some days I wonder how we ever get anything accomplished. Our lives have changed so drastically I don't even know how to begin to articulate that to all of the about-to-be parents. There are things that I never imagined would be difficult that now are IMPOSSIBLE! Running errands, shopping without a cart (for even just a few things), getting in the car in the morning (21 lb baby, 10 lb car seat, 15 lb diaper bag, 5 lb purse, 3 lb lunch, cup of coffee = scalded, broken down mommy). Don't get me wrong, the child is a dream to have! Anyone who can make me laugh at 3 am should get a prize or something! Just the way of life has changed. So as we approach this adoption and the preparations for M* complete organization has had to prevail.

On a side note, we got our fingerprint appointment for this Friday, April 11th. It has only been about 2 weeks since I sent in our I-600A. I was a little shocked to get an appointment that fast but I am not allowing any false hope of a quick I-171H. I am planning on being realistic, enjoying the process, not wishing life away, and praying that God will bring her to us as quickly as possible.


Crawling on all fours! Our latest accomplishment! Carrying a princess necklace...daddy's least favorite toy!


Cutest little shoes on the cutest little feet!




We had to keep the pacifier in to keep the rocks out!!!



Geez..I could eat his little face.

Kinda needing a nap! But still very happy!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Ian's hair reminds me of maybe what Abe's is going to look like when it grows in thicker. He's so beautiful. These new pics are wonderful and congrats on getting your man to fill out so much paperwork!

Jessica said...

Ahhhh!!! I love that boy! And that last picture on your last post cracks me up everytime I look at it--I can understand how he can get away with anything with that smile!!

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Oh my word that boy is precious! Absolutely beautiful. Those eyes..girl you're gonna have to keep him away from the ladies!

Nicholas said...

Man is this little guy getting big! Wow!! You guys are doing wonderful and it's so fun to watch you through this major life change. And one more on the way... Take it all in one day at a time because before you know it, life is going to do another 180 on you! Best!

Lori

Renee said...

I know I say this everytime but man is Ian getting big! I love to shoes, Keller adn Maryn are both sporting crocks these days- easy for mommy and daddy! I hewar you about the struggles of being able to juggle everything and I agree were doign a pretty good job!

emily said...

He is too cute! I'm excited to read about your progress- here is to hoping for a quick 171:)

Tami said...

Cutie pie no doubt. Can I have those shoes?!!! Love them!