Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Utterly Disgusted

It has been about a month since we inquired about M* and submitted all of the things for our homestudy to be updated. As of today our child abuse checks are still not finished therefore our homestudy is has still not been reviewed by Gladney and is not on its way to CIS. I am very, very discouraged. I am trying to take all things in stride but I am getting a little irritated that such a trivial check (considering we had these done about 11 months ago and to date have not abused any children!!) is holding us completely up. Grr. I want to scream. Then I think about Eric and Tara who are still waiting for a successful court date and I feel sad for them. Thank goodness M* doesn't know about us yet so she isn't wondering where we are or when we are coming. Whoever said adoption is the "easy" way to have children, NEVER EVER adopted.
In the meantime here are pics and videos of Ian. He keeps me cracking up and on the edge of my seat (literally, chasing after him) every day.
In one video Ian is showing off his new cruising skills. He is so close to walking. He takes steps but loses his balance pretty quick so we are still working on it. In the other video he is just being his usual silly self.
Enjoy.

Do I have anything on my face??

Too precious for words.
Don't move Pacey...

Brothers

17 comments:

Amber said...

Amen to that, I'm disgusted with my process as well. The way I found hope is that God has a plan on the timing. I don't understand it now but I will.

Natalie Fournet said...

Soooo sorry for you....I hope that clears soon! Love the new pics of Ian...he is growing so fast and is just precious!

Jennifer said...

Love the pics with Pacey! Ian is getting so big! Can't wait to see all three of your kids together!

Lori S said...

Totally understand your frustration! We're adopting two beautiful girls, 6 and 3, from Ethiopia, and we want them NOW! Will pray for peace through the process (for you and me!). God has taken care of our girls til now and I know he will continue to do so.
Lori

Nicholas said...

The best part of the first video is watching a devoted Daddy scoot around the floor to keep everything safe and clear in Ian's path!!! Sorry to hear about the stupid paperwork, it just plain stinks!

Tara said...

Thanks for the shout out...I often feel SO left behind in this process, so it it good to know that my old faithful friends really are just that! :) This week will be a good week- I will be praying for you alot and I really feel like some of those things will move along this week. (hopefully I'm right)

P.S. Ian is more precious than ever! His hair is getting so long!

graceling said...

I love how he is hitting the handle in the first video!

That is pretty much how I drive, too. My steering wheel hates me.

Crazy Thorne's said...

Try your best to hang in there! If we ever pass court and get to ET I will get tons of pics for you. We will probably spend alot of time at the gladney foster center since my 12 year old is going and she wants to do crafts etc with the kids! Praying for you all!

Renee said...

What the???? I can't believe you're still waiting for those reports, it can't take more than 30 seconds to run the reports- can it! So frustrating! I love the video of Ian all excited- too cute!

Adoption Cubed said...

I am so sorry to hear about your frustration and the paperwork hold up. I was finding hope in reading how fast your adoption was progressing (we are closing in our 10th week of waiting for our homestudy documentation). The waiting never gets easier. I am thinking about your family and pray that you find continued strength and calm during this process.
Rebecca

emily said...

I am so sorry to hear about the hold up. It is so frustrating when you are doing all that you can. I think knowing your child makes it so much more difficult. The past month has seemed 10 times longer and harder than the over 7 months that we sat on our agency waitlist. I just want to go get my kid and know you do too!!

Will be praying that things pick up soon!!

Mom to many said...

Oh - I just read you are now getting a girl. WOW! How simply amazing. I hope things go smoothly for you. Ian is such a cutie. I can't wait to see that beautiful sister of his, too.

Dustin & Amy said...

Clevinger Four...you four are in our prayers everyday...prayers for grace and understanding...and the blessings of a roadblock removed.

Hang in there, our KY friends...and God bless!!

~Laura~ said...

I feel ya sista! I'm feeling the same way lately. This is such an emotional roller coaster. It just shouldn't be this difficult.

Ian is absolutely adorable. I love the video of his talking and how he went from really happy to ticked off in about 2 seconds. HA!

Praying for you guys. Hang in there!!

Erica said...

AMEN! I'd have to say adoption is definately hard! Mega roller coaster. Praying your clearance letter comes soon!

Ian in the meantime.......stinkin adorable!

Meredith said...

I can relate! I have been waiting now 5 months for my state clearance so my homestudy can go to CIS. It makes you crazy. I am glad you have adorable Ian to look at :)

J, A, T and Y said...

Your little guy is SO adorable. Hope your paperwork comes soon....it Never goes fast enough!!!