Friday, May 2, 2008

Nearly ONE

Just 17 more days until my little baby turns one. I have not wanted to plan for this party because I knew that it mean accepting him growing up. But, guess what? I have no choice...he is growing by leaps and bounds every day. His little personality catches me off guard. I just don't expect him to be so witty so young! Ian knows he is cute. He also knows that we all know he is cute. He uses this knowledge to entertain, get his way, and show off! Nonetheless, I am always amused and this he knows as well!





Good news about our paperwork. All clearances were received and our homestudy is at Gladney being reviewed. As soon as they are finished it will go to CIS thank goodness! Who knows how long it will take CIS to grant us an approval? We submitted our application on March 21st, got fingerprinted on April 11th but our homestudy won't make it to CIS until probably May 12th (long estimation I hope). It could be as little as a week or two or up to 6-8 weeks. So my secret hopes of being home before the shut down are quickly dwindling and now my worst fears of being gone at Christmas again are cropping up. No one panic...it is just my worst fear. That would be some kind of worst case scenario where EVERYTHING went badly for us.





We are still praying for our friends who have not made it through court despite many attempts. I would love to offer some words of comfort to them but I'm sure at this point comfort will come only when they are united with their children.

mouth FULL of water...



mouth EMPTY!!! Cute smile and two teeth!


9 comments:

J, A, T and Y said...

Time goes way TOO quickly...our little guy is almost three, and I honestly don't know where the time went. Congrats on the paperwork clearances.

Tara said...

I cannot believe he is almost one??!! Dang, time does fly- even when it is not you own child! :) I will be honest, I like to think about Malak's 1st bday often...what will the theme be? What kind of food will we serve...what presents will we get him...oh the possibilities! Oh dear. The poor little guy is not even 8 months old! :)

Nicholas said...

He is getting huge!

Sam said...

My homestudy is at gladney being approved too! maybe we will be traveling together.

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

At least you have an adorable distraction this time around!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Wow! He and my girl awaitng me in Addis ar only a couple of days apart in age! I'm a little sad to be missing her 1st birthday! I'm guessing our older girls are close in age as well since they are buddies at the foster care center! Oh, I have a picture of her in a group picture with my girl if you'd like for me to send it your way.
Blessings,
Kristy

emily said...

Glad to read that things are moving along again!

Ian is precious! :)

Jake and Taryn said...

He is SO adorable!! :)

Mom to many said...

Almost one and full of fun. You will have a great party for him. He is adorable and so funny.