Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Officially IAN!

Today was our stateside adoption hearing for Ian's adoption. When our court date happened in Ethiopia Ian's Ethiopian birth certificate was issued and his legal name at that point was Surafel Cortney Clevinger. It has been that officially until today!! He is officially Ian Parker Surafel Clevinger!!! We had some issues with his birth date and it looks as if from this point forward we will have to celebrate his birthday on June 5th instead of May 20th as we had originally thought. We have some conflicting dates on a few of the papers so the court went by his Ethiopian birth certificate. In reality that date was the day he was received into Enant Alam orphanage. So now, I am thinking we will be having four very special days each year to celebrate for Ian. His legal birthday, the original date they had given us, the day he was placed in our arms forever, and today, the day he was officially Ian!

While we were waiting for our hearing today I just stood there and reviewed the changes that the past year has brought to my life. I look at this amazing little boy and my heart melts. I am Ian's mom. As badly as I wanted to be a mother I could have never imagined the joy that he would bring me. I just can't imagine life without Ian, a little boy with a million smiles, precious kisses, and a personality that can light up a room.

Enjoy the pics of our super special day!

Today is my Adoption Day!!
Mommy and Ian before we went to the hearing.


Ian playing with the toys in the children's room at family court!


Time for us?
YAY Daddy!
Mom and Ian

Judge Thompson and Ian Parker Surafel Clevinger!!!

10 comments:

Ian's Sissy said...

Okay, I have one question..."HOW DID YOU NOT BITE HIM IN THAT HAT!!!" That little cutie!!! Love you all sooo much! --Aunt Sissy (lol)

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Jamie...I could just kiss that face off!! OMGosh...he is a doll!!
Thanks for sharing all of the pics with us...I love you all!!!

Sam said...

darn it to heck! you guys are too cute!

Jocelyn said...

congrats!!! Yay for Ian!!

Jillienne said...

Congratulations!

Renee said...

Look at you momma-all prettied up! I just realized that in Ethiopia we barely saw each other out of sweatpants with little or no makeup! :) Maryn and Keller's court date is June 27th- I'm looking forward to legalizing everything! Hope y'all are doing well!
Renee

Nicholas said...

Congratulations, you've been a family for some time now, and now it's official! Yay!

~Laura~ said...

YAY!! Congrats Ian! How stinkin' cute is he!! I love his little outfit! :)

Erica said...

YEAH!!!!!!! What an awesome day! June 5th is a great birthday! ;)

Robyn said...

He is absolutely adorable!! Congratulations!!

Robyn