Saturday, May 17, 2008

Happy First Birthday to Ian!

Today we celebrated the much awaited, much dreaded event...the first birthday party! I dreaded the dickens out of this day because the turning of one seems likes the closing of a chapter. A chapter that I just was not ready to finish. So today, we celebrated Ian's birth, the day in which he came into the world with such a bumpy start but with will and determination that will carry him through this life. We celebrated the making of our family, the union of two people with a perfect little boy who was carried and birthed by another woman but entered this world with the fate of becoming a Clevinger. Today as I watched him assert his independence and show off his new skills I can be certain that a part of who he is...is because of me.

Ian and cousin Lucas
Cortney appears to be in pain


The bounce houses!




Ian, Star and Sam (our neighbors)
Ian's birthday present from Mommy and Daddy!


My beautiful son.



8 comments:

Brandy said...

Im loving the pictures. Looks like you all had a beautiful and blessed day! I know they will be many more to come =]

Renee said...

Happy Birthday Ian! We miss you!

Rachel said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Ian!

Leah Reeves said...

One! I can't believe how fast they grow. I can not even think about my little Gabre's first B-day.

Jessica said...

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY IAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Ian, tell your Mom that I am going to call her SOON! We just moved so things have been crazy but I am def gonna call her. And tell her I miss her too!!

DC said...

I've been lurking on your blog and following your journey for months and Ian is adorable!!! Your adoption journey has been such an inspiration to me.

I recently started my own blog. If you're interested, please check it out at http://lupuspie.blogspot.com

My husband and I would like to attend the Blog Union in August. Hope to see you there!

Mom to many said...

OH - that looks like a blast. Happy Birthday to You Ian.

Nick Brophy & Sarah Marie Martin said...

no way! so happy to see you are adopting again! that is absolutely wonderful. which little girl is it? is she at kechene? best of luck, sarah marie www.martinbrophy.blogspot.com