Wednesday, April 9, 2008

beautiful day

Tonight as I watched American Idol gives back my heart ached for so many reasons. Largely my daughter, 9000 miles away, knowing nothing of a family awaiting her with as much love as she could ever want. I don't know how God steered my heart to Ethiopia but I thank Him every day for the opportunity to have Ian and M* in my life. As I watched the stories of poverty and despair tonight I saw one common thing...hope. Hope like we could never imagine, a will to make it, and appreciation for help.

Pray for the millions of orphans that cannot be saved, children who will die from diseases that could be cured without a mother or father to comfort them.




5 comments:

Shelly Roberts said...

Hey guys! .... email me info about Mekdes, please. If I understand correctly, she doesn't know yet what's happening? I want to be sure so we don't mess up anything. :) But we'd love to get you pics. email and we'll chat about what to do. robertsfamily@mlgc.com Blessings~ Shelly

Nicholas said...

Great post! Ian is gorgeous!

Renee said...

I was also watching Idol gives back getting all emotional! Sweet little Mekdes...oh all the love that she is about to experience!

J, A, T and Y said...

Hello..just found your blog...congrats on your beautiful son. We have been on the waiting list for a month....waiting, waiting, waiting. That is so awesome that you are adopting again!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Oh my goodess, could you just eat him up or WHAT?!?!?! He's just delicious! And what a joyous thing that he will soon be joined by a big sister! What a blessing! It sounds like your process is moving right along! Yiipppppeeee! Great news!
Blessings,
Kristy