Thursday, April 17, 2008

4 months together

Dancing a little!

Fingerprinting Day!! We're coming for you sister!!


He wants out!


I am trying to keep our blog up-to-date with nothing to report on our adoption. =( We have someone on the inside working to get our child abuse checks by the end of the week for us. If this person is able to pull some strings I will owe her big time! Once we get these we will wait for CIS approval, once again. Gotta love the waiting.. BOOO.
In the meantime I have a little, tiny distraction. Who am I kidding, there is nothing little about this distraction!!! He has a big personality as you can see in his pictures. Tooth number two has broken through today and we expect to see 2 teeth by the weekend!
I read on someone's blog that said it may be obnoxious to brag about your child but she couldn't help herself. I must follow her lead. There is just something about this kid that steals my world. It could be the way he talks all day and acts like I am the fool for not understanding. Or maybe the way he judges all things first by touch then by taste! It also could be the way his little pacifier quivers when he is just too tired to object to bedtime and he pulls the covers over his head in an effort to halt my ability to continue dressing him. I can't put my finger on what is so captivating about Ian, but he is even more wonderful than the day they placed him in my arms 4 months ago.
The video is of Ian's cousins helping him out in a friendly game of tag.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Ian is so awesome!! You have every right to brag - he's just so cool!

We leave on Saturday to pick up our little guy...let me know if you want me to take photos of your sweet daughter. I'd be more than happy to!

So happy for you guys!!!

Nathan and Stefany Head said...

Hello Clevingers!

I'm not sure exactly how I ran across your blog, but as I've been following several adoption blogs, I was intrigued to discover that you all are also in Kentucky and have adopted from Ethiopia. My husband are in Nicholasville (close to Lexington), and we are currently waiting on our CIS approval (for over 3 weeks now!!!) so that we can adopt a little boy from Ethiopia as well. I just wanted to introduce myself and say that your story of adoption (as it continues to grow) is very inspiring, and I would love to chat! You can email at stfwrt99@hotmail.com if you would like.

God bless!
Stefany

~Laura~ said...

Ian is getting so big! He's so precious! I could just squeeze em!

Christina said...

love love LOVE the dancing picture. I cannot WAIT until Aiden is that interactive. Ian is such a sweetie!