Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Reading baby and why won't my book close?



Seriously Mommy? Put the camera away=)








I think the video I have uploaded shows the benefits of reading to even the youngest of babies! We have always read to Ian and in the beginning a book was judged most on taste but now we are starting to look at content!!!



Last night was the first night since we came home that Ian slept all night without waking up any and in his own bed!!! I got up at 4am so startled because he was still asleep in his own bed! I ran over and checked to make sure he was okay then with a big smile stretched out in my bed! It was a good sleep for all of us!!




I tried taking pictures of Ian in his little Ethiopian outfit the past two mornings. He is less than amused by my photo shoots and tells me off while I'm chasing him around snapping pictures. I am inspired by the recent photos on the Breedlove blog. She does such a good job of capturing the true essence of her subject. I have always tried to get that picture that really stands out above all the other million snapshots I run around taking! I think 50% of my problem is me but I have to give some discredit to my camera...time for a new one!!!




Our dossier is in Ethiopia as of yesterday. It will spend the next few weeks getting translated into Amharic. In the meantime I am trying to put together a photo album with all of the things M* may see when she gets home. I read somewhere that it is good to send photos of everything so she can get familiarized with her new home even before she sees it in person. Hopefully there will be some families traveling before the shut-down and maybe we can send it by one of them if they aren't already overloaded with stuff!!!




Until next time...enjoy the video of Ian reading his book and figuring out why it just won't close!! I probably should have helped him, but it made a great video watching him figure it out!


8 comments:

Amy B. said...

Thanks for the shout out! I have had so much fun these last few weeks...I am doing what I have wanted to do since high school. I actually have created a blog that is just for my photos. Here is the link: http://happydaysphotojournal.blogspot.com

Ian has gotten so big. He is just precious. I loved watching him with that book.:) Congrats on the dossier arriving in Addis.

Amy

Ian's Sissy said...

He sooooo gets the book-love from SISSY!!! (Although he's not allowed to read mine until he's 23, lol)
The pics are awesome! How can such a little person have so much personality in his eyebrows, lol

LOTS OF LOVE

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Those photos are too cute. You may not have a willing subject, but you sure have a handsome one! I'm with you on the camera thing. I keep blaming my camera and saying that I need a new one. If it doesn't fix my problems, I may have some explaining to do! Congrats on your dossier!

Leah Reeves said...

Love your new blog! I want a blog make-over.
Congrats on your first full night of sleep.

Nicholas said...

OMG, I just LOVE HIM! Hysterical! Thanks for the chuckle tonight!!! :)

Jen said...

I love your blog and loved he video. What a cutie! I can hardly wait.
Jennifer
http://morganleapoffaith.blogspot.com/

Tara said...

Sweet Ian...so big and looking so presh in his Ethiopian gear! I can't wait until Malak fits in his!
Man, sometimes it is so tricky just to shut a book! I laughed out loud at that one. Cutie!

Mom to many said...

So awesome that you are getting an eight year old. I fell in love with a 10 year old there, but my husband said NO WAY - maybe he will change his mind, huh? We are still adjusting so I may have to wait a bit.