Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thankful for the many blessings

Loving the view but needing a nap (note the favorite blankie that used to be mine)!
Don't forget me! Yipee!
All tuckered out after the Wacky Bear experience=)
Mommy and her sweet boy!

Where do I start? Bad news first. Belay informed Natalie that our dossier will not be ready to submit to the courts prior to the closure. That insures a Nov/Dec travel. This makes us very sad that we most likely will not be with M* on her birthday. The waiting will be very difficult but we are understanding of the immense amount of work the in-country staff is doing to help SO many families be united with their children. God's timing. Apparently He has something in store for us or our sweetie girl in the meantime. So we wait and pray.

The good news. I am thoroughly entertained by a world class comedian, actor, singer, musician, and A number one ham! The fabulous, amazing, Ian. He keeps my cheeks sore from smiling and laughing at the quirky little things that he never stops doing! Cute baby story: Last night I got Ian out of the tub and wrapped him up in a towel. Cortney was getting ready for bed in the bathroom. As we left the bathroom, un-cued, Ian says, "Bye Da-Da". He is 1, when did he start speaking in sentences??? Appropriate rhetoric at age 13 months? We were both laughing so hard and Ian started fake laughing because he wasn't sure what was funny! Amused I tell you...thoroughly amused!
We got an update on our sweetie girl. She said that she was a little scared about the adoption and to tell her family that she loves us. We also got her sizes and she is oh so small. Cortney's good cooking will put some much needed weight on her quickly I am sure. Since we were in the Smokey Mountains this weekend we got to do some serious shopping for our little darling. I went nuts! Girls stuff is wonderful! I loved each little outfit I put together and all of the accessories! It was kind of like some much needed therapy! Then I brought all of the clothes home and put them in the closet that will not be used for at least 4 months=(
Ok, so there is the update. The good, bad and not so ugly. I am counting my many blessings tonight and praying that God will love and keep our daughter, displaced by many miles. I have to admit that this is the feeling that I most dreaded of the whole process. Preparing the dossier is tedious, time consuming process but at least it takes your mind off of the fact that you have a child 9000 miles away.

14 comments:

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Hello!
This is Ashley from TCBOTB. You’re on our top referral list, thank you so much for having such a popular blog that refers users to our site! We are contacting you because we want you to know that we have new image hosting with the site, which has MUCH faster loading time, so if you’d like a faster loading background, you can go to our site, and swap out your code for a new one! 
Thanks again for everything!
Ashley - TCBOTB

Nicholas said...

Oh, I'm sad that you won't travel soon, but it will give you more time to prepare emotionally and physically for your little "M"!

It will be her before you know it and I'm sure Ian will get the extra extra lovin' he'll need before having to share you both!

Hugs to you Lindsay!
Lori - NH

Nicholas said...

I know I spelled your name wrong Lindsey, I hate that and I'm sorry!

~Laura~ said...

I'm so bummed that you won't be traveling to pick up M before the courts clothes. :( Praying for you guys!

brotayjax said...

I'll keep M* in my prayers as you wait to be united across this 9000 mile divide. In the meantime, soak up the Ian love and think of your blog as a journal to M* about how much you wanted her now! She'll always be able to look back and see how much it pained you to be apart...

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I can so relate to the constant feeling of longing. Hang in there, love on that little man Ian, keep shopping for those oh so cute outfits, and time will fly! We REALLY should be traveling in the next month so let me know if I can take things to M for you and I promise to take lots of pictures. They have been my lifeline! :-)
Blessings to your beautiful family!
Kristy

Shelly Roberts said...

Oh, so so sad it sounds you won't be making it before court closer. Still praying for a miracle!! :) It was such a joy to meet your sweet "M". I can just imagine her somewhat timid heart, yet being so happy she'll have a family. Much love you all as you wait. ~Shelly

Leah Reeves said...

I am happy things are going well for your family. I am excited to read your blog again while you are in Ethiopia. I know you are ready to leave today, but as you know that pain of waiting goes away the second you have your child in your arms.

Adoption Cubed said...

Isn't it fun shopping for a little girl? Lots of fun choices. I know M will adore the clothes her mommy picked out for her. Every time you post a picture of Ian I am amazed at how much he has grown. He is a little charmer!

I was so sorry to hear that you will not get to travel soon. You have my prayers during this continued wait. I will be happy to help any way I can - did you get my email?
Rebecca

Renee said...

Oh crap! (pardon my language)I was so excited thinking that you were going to make it through court...looks like we could be heading to ET together once again. Well at least that part would be lot's of fun!
XO,
Renee

emily said...

I know that is such a bummer to not get to travel this summer- trusting in the Lord and His perfect timing for your whole family!

coffeemom said...

Keeping you in our prayers and love following along!! Would love to email you about some of this stuff: schoolmom5@comcast.net

COffeemom

Dustin & Amy said...

Hang in there!!!

We three are keeping the Clevinger Four in our thoughts and our prayers.

The pictures of Ian are so cute! I have a great photo of our goddaughter on that same swing in G-Burg when she was 2 1/2! How funny!

Take care,

Dustin, Amy, & Sophia

kristen said...

hi - i miss your updates! :) i'm sorry you have to wait longer for M*. i don't know if you've heard this song, but i found it after my daughter's adoption was complete, and it STILL makes me cry... i play it over and over and over. anyway, perhaps you'll enjoy it too. it does cost $1.50 to download, but it is SO worth it. i hope you enjoy it.

http://www.adoptionsong.com/theSong.html