Thursday, October 4, 2007

9 weeks...tomorrow

After my post the other day I want to say that I am feeling better. I couldn't believe how many people offered their support at a time when we are all struggling with so many emotions. It was so great to read the encouraging words and it restored my hope and faith that despite my pessimism, this adoption will actually happen!

We are heading out of town tomorrow to my friend's wedding at Mountain Lake in VA. For all of you Dirty Dancing lovers, it is the place where Dirty Dancing was filmed. I am excited to see it, from the pics on the internet...and the movie, it looks beautiful.

We are giving up this being the week, even though tomorrow is friday I have decided to put the hope away for a few more weeks. Cortney is working on accepting that it could take a while longer but I think that I have come to terms with it. My co-workers will be so excited for my new found patience because I have taken off more than one head over the phone not being answered. I am sure that Natalie will not give up and go on to the next family if she doesn't get in touch with us on the first call so that is a goal for me to work on .

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Amy B. said...

I am jealous...I love Dirty Dancing! You will have to take some pictures to post. I hope you have a great weekend. I am glad that you are feeling a little better. I am getting there too...slowly but surely...I am letting go. I have control issues...I am aware of this...the first step is admitting it, right? Just promise that if you do get "the call" tomorrow...you will post it!
Amy

Dustin & Amy said...

I don't remember reading all this in the brochure ;)

Happy to hear you're in a better place...I hope you two have a wonderful weekend away...enjoy the mountains, the trees, and being somewhere different.

I had to call Amy with the news of your destination...she got kick out of it...she loves her some Dirty Dancing

tara said...

The wedding will be tons of fun I bet! And it will take your mind of certain babies...I won't mention any names...or you will end up talking about him to everyone all weekend...either way, I'm sure it will be a blast!
So glad you're feeling better today, I am praying for you lots and lots!!!

Jocelyn said...

Have a wonderful weekend! And be careful if you are asked to carry a watermelon up some stairs where there is some swanky music playing:-)

Keva said...

You are going to be within 3hrs. of us. So close, yet so far away. Have a blast at the wedding...DD, one of my all time favorite movies. It has to be a movie you love in order to embrace the experience of where you will be...good thing for you it is. Enjoy!

I too have hit a wall with the waiting, that it will end when it ends. Until then we just keep praying for our little one and hope that he comes home soon.

~Laura~ said...

Have a BLAST at the wedding!! :) Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Renee said...

Lindey,
Have a great time! Come back with so new hot dance moves- maybe you and cortney can work on your lifts!
Renee :)

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

I just wanted to remind you that "Gods Timing is Perfect" This is the anchor that gets me through the waiting zone, I think it is even harder after the referral because now I see their faces and know they are mine, just waiting for us to get there...But, we have to wait!! So, just want to encourage you and let you know we too are praying for you...Before you know it you'll be up all night w/your baby and thinking back to these days. Hang in there...we'll be staying tuned and rejoicing w/you!! In His Timing & Care, Eileen

Eileen and Jerry Mestas said...

Oh, to respond to your qts on courts reopening...we spoke to Mary @ Gladney today. The courts have reopened by they have not heard anything as yet.She said they too are just waiting...Sorry no news as yet...be patient though because God w/deliver your baby to you when the time is perfect! In His Timing & Care, Eileen