Saturday, November 17, 2007

BABY SHOWER!!!

The CAKE!!


The diaper cake made by my mom!!!









My niece Emma...such a cutie pie!!!



Dorky hat but they tell me it is a shower must!



We had the best time at the shower! I can't believe how blessed we are to have so many wonderful friends and family! It was great to see how excited everyone is about Ian and how supportive they are of us!!! I hope in some way that Ian can feel how much he is cared about by us and our whole community! There is a shirt on cafepress.com that says "I'm kind of a big deal in Ethiopia". Well, today Ian was a huge deal in Elkhorn City!!! Thank you so much to my sister, her wonderful friends, my wonderful friends, Mary Anne, and my mommy!! You guys are the best!!!

9 comments:

dwg said...

That looks so fun...love the hat! Was Courtney feeling up to going or did you get showered alone? I love baby showers! Today I went to Babies R Us and got the coolest baby entertainment seat thing. I will have to post a picture of it. Don't you just love baby stuff? Amy

Amy B. said...

Sorry....that was me before, I forgot to log Christopher out first. Amy

Tara said...

So fun!! It looks like you all had a blast- Ian is going to have so many fun things to play with! I am so glad that you guys are surrounded by so many people who are going to just smoosh Ian with love and kisses when he comes home! Yay for showers!

Keva said...

Oh how much fun! I am so happy for you guys. How is the house coming along? Do you have a move in date?

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Lindsey, it was such a fun shower! I'm so glad I was able to be there, to celebrate Ian with you and your family! He is truly a lucky guy to be a part of this family...I love you each and every one!!!

BTW~I don't know if you've watched the video...but Katina's pink bead was by far the most precious one!!!

jennifer said...

Your baby shower looked like it was alot of fun...and I LOVE the hat!

Tracey in Indiana said...

Your shower looks great and your son is gorgeous!-oh wait, am I only to say handsome for a boy :) We are currently waiting on our referral from ET and preparing for my showere too. I love the diaper cake your mom made....do you know where she found the stuffed baby for the top?

Jody and Rich said...

Looks like a great shower, and I'm sure you got lots of great baby stuff! Funny thing, my family gave me a surprise shower also on Saturday, so we were probably opening presents at the same time!! It's so much fun finally being the one to be given the shower instead of the giver/attendee isn't it. Hope Cortney is on the mend--at least he didn't get sick and need surgery while you were on your trip. God indeed watches over us!!
Jody