Friday, November 30, 2007

Maddness at the Clevinger house!

Congrats to Keva, Trevor and Micah Atwood on their baby boy referral!!! He is beautiful!

Ahh as the time dwindles down and court rapidly approaches we are still trying to get the ground to steady under our feet! The house is nearing completion and so many things have to be picked out and picked up. I am working long days so that I can take time off from work for the trip and the time after the trip! Cortney has recovered from the appendectomy and we are trying so hard to get caught up before we leave. I am so hopeful that court goes well next week and Ian will be officially ours without a hitch. We are packing for so many different reasons that I can't find anything and maybe never will! All bags headed to Ethiopia are packed except the one for our clothes. We have 7 suitcases brimming over with donations and gifts. I agree with Renee that it isn't the space that has hindered us as much as the weight. We have lots of extra things to take since we will be in Ethiopia for 23 days. The diapers/formula/wipes alone take up 2 pieces of luggage! Needless to say we will be re-wearing many things while in Ethiopia!

I am trying to wrap my mind around the notion that (unless there is a disaster with the court date) I will be holding Ian in just a little over two weeks! Holding him, in my arms..kissing his sweet cheeks!! I am a little sad that we won't be with our families for Christmas and that they will not be spending Christmas with Ian. I wish that we could have all been home by then but my only comfort in this time of complete chaos is knowing that I will be snuggling him before I know it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Only 10 more days of work before we leave for Africa!!!!!

8 comments:

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

I can't belive it is coming to soon (though it probably feels like FINALLY to you!) In the midst of all of this craziness, may the peace that God has brought you to this place and will continue to guide you give you strength and clarity. Yeah!!! So happy for you!

Ellie said...

i am so EXCITED for you!!! I just love your baby, he is so precious and you just to want to eat him with a spoon!! I am so excited for you to bring him home. email me when you get a chance because i have pictures of ian for you.

Shelia Earl Photography said...

Lindsay & Courtney,
(Amy Breedlove's mom again) We are so happy for you. Glad that it worked out for you to be with Ian at Christmas. I know how much you wanted to be home with him by Christmas, but we are rejoicing with you that you will have this special bonding time together as a family.

We will be thinking about you as you travel (and especially next week as your courtdate comes). It has been such a joy to share in your excitement in adopting your beautiful baby, Ian. Hope we get to meet in person some day.

Shelia

Tara said...

Wow, I feel a little stressed just reading about all of your moving and packing and working! :) But oh how it will be worth it!! I am so eager and excited for you guys to meet that sweety boy!
Here is my secret wish...that we will get out referral for Malak while you are in Ethiopia (since you will be there forever!) And then you can meet him and make sure he gets a few good hugs and lovin'! I know it is a long shot but I am praying for it nonetheless. :)

Ellie said...

I forgot to give you my email address :) elliemestas@gmail.com

Angie said...

woohoo! only 10 more days of work! how could feet possibly be on the ground with an event as amazing as this right around the corner? we are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see photos of you holding ian for the very first time!

Renee said...

dLindsey- can you beleive how far we've come! We're going to miss families to but we are so excited that we will be celebrating with some of ouf BFF Blog Buddies! Call or text me on Thursday when you hear and I will do the same- I'll be in a business meeting but I already let them know that I need to answer the calls!

Renee said...

Lindsey- can you beleive how far we've come! We're going to miss families to but we are so excited that we will be celebrating with some of ouf BFF Blog Buddies! Call or text me on Thursday when you hear and I will do the same- I'll be in a business meeting but I already let them know that I need to answer the calls!