Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Be my..be my little baby

Please pray for us all tomorrow as many of us Gladney families have court dates. I will be working 8a-8p tomorrow but as soon as we hear something my sister will be posting. When I read Renee's post I was reduced to tears because I know that longing all too well...as many of us do. There is a yahoo group for Gladney families and one of the women talked about how we shouldn't claim these children as our own until court happens and how we shouldn't have any expectations because legally they aren't ours. She also talked about how we shouldn't name them and how she wasn't even going to share the news of her referral with anyone until court. Well, as an educated woman I understand that until tomorrow passes, legally baby Surafel is not a Clevinger. However, the day we received that call he was born in my heart and I began celebrating his life. Through months of prayer and long talks to his picture I have allowed my love for this child to grow. I have longed for his cries and hung on every word of every update anyone sends us. I have looked at his pictures 10 million times and my stomach flips every time I scroll through my emails and see the one that says, "Introducing...Surafel". When I hold him in my arms he will surely know my love but when he is older and we talk about this whole adoption thing...then he will know I loved him always.
Pray...please.

7 comments:

Amy B. said...

I have been so anxious for you guys. I told Renee that I have had trouble sleeping just thinking about you guys. I will be checking all day tomorrow for an update. I pray that you can have a divine peace tonight as you sleep. Love, Amy

Renee said...

Ok- Lindsey are you trying to get me back??? Now I'm crying like a baby- I've had little emtotional outbreaks all day-I'm so nervoud and scared but I've just got to beleive in my heart that these little ones are meant for us and it will all be ok. Talk to you tomorrow!
Love,
Renee

Renee said...

sorry- so tired lot's of typos in that post...oops. :)

Shelia Earl Photography said...

(Amy's mom posting again) Lindsay, I will be thinking of you all day (there)/night or afternoon (here). I will check postings often to know how things go. We are thinking about all of you who have court today. Shelia

Momma said...

Our prayers are with you as we come upon the long awaited court date. We cannot wait to have our Kozette with us.

Mary Ann

Keva said...

I am praying for you. Thank you for your words on telling. I too understand the hesitancy in announcing, but most people don't wait to bond with and share the wonderful news of pregnancy until the baby is born. How could we keep such wonderful news to ourselves and yet we have to allow God to be God and allow him to be in complete control. Praying, praying...can't wait to hear.

jennifer said...

Hey Lindsey, I remember reading that post about not announcing anything until after the courtdate and thought...wow did I majorly screw up by announcing Zion to the world? But Like you, the moment I saw her photo I fell completely and deeply in love. I am praying for you today and all the Gladney families that we all make it through court. I can't wait to see you in Ethiopia and ring in the New Year!