Monday, December 17, 2007

Hello From Africa

Hello from Ethiopia...finally. Thanks to a million prayers Cortney's dad came through open heart surgery and is doing well. We finally arrived in Addis this morning at 5am. After 62 hours of travel (all but about 10 of which were spent at the airport) we finally did the seemingly impossible. After sitting in Chicago O'Hare for 12 hours on Friday, being waitlisted for a flight to Frankfurt and learning that Friday was looking like the only day there was even a possibility of leaving, we came back Saturday and did a bit more waiting. It was crazy. Friday the flight to Frankfurt was booked but the connection to Addis was wide open. Saturday, the flight to Frankfort was open but Luftthunsa had to service to Addis on Sun (when we would acutally be in Frankfurt). So, Lufthunsa booked tickets for us allowing us to get a connection flight with Ethiopian air in Tel Aviv with a 10 hour layover. So...needless to say we got no rest in the past three days. When we arrived at the airport this morning at 5:30am we called Belay and he sent a driver to the Hilton to get us and we met Ian at around 9am. All of the babies were laying in the front lawn of the foster center on mattresses getting some sun. They were all beautiful!! Ian looked right at us when we got out of the car and we snatched him up and haven't quit kissing since. I already have so many stories to tell but I can't stop looking at him long enough to type them. I will write more soon!!!

Posted by Jamie/written by Lindsey

7 comments:

Shelia Earl Photography said...

Oh my goodness, what a joy to see this picture and to read your post!! Since we are on your side of the world right now, I am posting this comment earlier than most.

I have been thinking about you all the whole weekend. We had some Albanian friends over last night for dinner and they wanted to see the picture of Ian. They have been so excited about Amy & Christopher adopting, so when they asked if Amy had any word of a referral, I said, "No, not yet, but would you like to see a friend of hers and their new baby?"

So you have folks all over the world sending lots of love your way last night and this morning.

Congratulations again,
Shelia
Skopje, Macedonia

jennifer said...

Yay Lindsey!!! We have been praying for you all weekend. I am so happy that Ian is in your arms and Cortney's dad is on the mend!
Enjoy every moment!

Beau Fournet said...

Wonderful! So thankful this day has finally arrived. Enjoy your time with Ian!

~Laura~ said...

I'm just sooo excited for you guys! I've been thinking about you guys and praying for ya'll since I read your last update. I'm so glad that Cortney's dad is doing good. Praise God! I can't wait to see more pics of baby Ian. He's beautiful!

God bless!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness everything worked out! I'm sure you are exhausted, but you look wonderful holding that adorable little babe! I can't believe how much he's changed since your other pictures! Have a wonderful time!

Jocelyn said...

CONGRATS!!!! He is beautiful!! I am so happy that Cortney's dad is doing well and that you finally got to Ian. I can't wait to watch the rest of the journey.

Jody and Rich said...

Congratulations to both of you. He is absolutely adorable and you look so happy holding him. Glad to hear Cortneys' dad is doing better too. I'll be sending up many prayers for both your safe return and for his dad's continued recovery. Get some rest--you're gonna need it!!
Best wishes,
Jody