Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Day of Court

As you all know our court date went as planned and Ian is our baby officially. We are very excited because after all this is the day we have waited for. Waiting 7 long weeks for our home study to be written. Waiting impatiently 2 months for CIS approval, waiting 12 weeks for a referral for the most precious baby in the world, waiting 2 weeks for news of a court date. Then we waited, 4 weeks for the court date. Now we will wait 10 days to hold our son. Waiting is what makes this so hard. Uncertain waiting is what makes it nearly impossible. Throw in wanting, longing, crying, and hoping and you have some of the longest months of any person's life. That is why I know that while 13 days is a very short time to wait for anything I also know that in their mommy's eyes it may as well be an eternity. I am so sorry Renee and Geert that court was not a victory for you today. We are praying for you over here and hoping that God will give you peace during the next 13 days.

8 comments:

Nicholas said...

A big fat Congratulations to you both (or should I say all)!! Your family is obviously very supportive and wonderful - I pray for your safe and wonderful trip and can't wait to hear all of the stories that you'll have very soon of your baby Ian!! Yay!! xo Lori

Drew Carey Show said...

Congratulations to the Clevingers! All three of you! What a sweet, sweet post for Renee & Geert. It's impossible to know the emotional roller coaster this process can be without walking through it first hand, and we share in the tremendous disappointment our blog buddies who didn't make it through court today are feeling. We're thrilled for you guys though that you're officially mommy & daddy and look forward to your blog updates in less than two weeks! Can you believe it??? Can't wait to see all three of you doing the #1 sign!

LISA said...

Congratulations!!Yayyyy!!!!

Crazy Thorne's said...

Congratulations! Your trip is going to be incredible. Maybe we will get our referral before you go and you can make a delivery for us! (Positive thinking! Ha ha) Blessings Pam

Jillienne said...

I just wanted to say Congrats on you beautiful baby baby!! What a wonderful feeling that must be!! I hope that you are in Ethiopia before you know it!

Jody and Rich said...

Congratulations to the new parents!! I'm so happy for you and believe me I know how hard this whole waiting game is...but now for you the end is in site. Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see pictures of you guys holding little Ian. Yahooooo!!!
Jody

Angie said...

Talk about worth the wait! Amazing! Congrats!

Renee said...

Lindsey- you're so sweet! I'm so bummed that we won't be having Christmas with the Clevingers but I deffinately want to plan a get together- after all of this we need to meet! If you visit Kechene tell my little love bugs I will be there soon- I promise!