Friday, December 14, 2007

First stop...Chicago

Here we are in Chicago, waiting for our next flight @ 3:30 to Frankfurt. I cannot believe how relieved I am to be going....advancing toward my son! There has been lots of bad weather today delaying several flights. Our flight from Cincinnati was delayed about 30 minutes due to another flight being delayed. Ahh, the woes of winter travel!! I am still trying to digest this trip, this journey, the end of the journey. Everything we have done today, we keep saying, just think how it will be on the return flight. We ate our meal slowly and peacefully today knowing that day after tomorrow Ian will forever dictate the speed and degree to which we are able to eat meals. Cortney laughed and talked about how it would be "to go" from now on so one could walk/bounce/entertain and the other could eat!!! Kind of crazy how much things will change in just 1 day. We are ready. More than ready. I am looking forward to the next flight. I haven't slept in days and this flight is nice and long. With the help of some Benadryl I can get up to 8 hours!!! More than I've had any night in about 3 weeks!!! Ok, my next post will likely be from Addis! Renee, I can't wait to meet you guys!! I am looking so forward to seeing your sweet angels!!! Have a safe trip!!!
Take care everyone!!!

2 comments:

Shelia Earl Photography said...

(Amy's mom posting again, Lindsey), We will be thinking of you each day - and especially when you see Ian yourself for the first time!! Thanks for posting so that we know you are off to Frankfort. Hope you sleep well and are all rested when you reach Addis. Love, Shelia

Tara said...

Oh my gosh, you're on your way?! time has snuck away from me and I wasn't mentaly prepared fo you to leave yet! :) But of course, YAAAY!! I want to hear all the juicy details about Addis and how much fun you guys are going to have!