Friday, November 23, 2007

Travel Plans

The past few weeks, heck the past few months have been so hectic that we hardly know if we are coming or going. I have worked an insane schedule and with my type A personality and lackadaisical contractor I have quickly become the project manager of my house!!! Poor Cortney has worked so hard too and tried to keep me happy during each little catastrophe! All that being said our trip to Ethiopia will serve as our much needed vacation. Our court date is December 6th (prayers please that all things go as planned) and our travel dates are Jan 1st thru Jan 8th. We have decided that we will travel to Ethiopia on December 16th and remain in country until Jan 8th. We are so thankful that Ryan, Abby and Belay gave us permission to come early! So, we will be spending 22 nights in Addis!!! We are looking forward to the time we have alone with Ian to begin our very special bond with him. I am very excited that I will have 3 weeks away from anything to do with the house and work!!!

If meeting my son for the first time isn't enough...we will also be having Christmas with the Loeffens!!! I am so excited to meet Renee, Geert, Maryn and Keller in person!!!

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow!! That's a long trip!! That's awesome that you get to stay so long - you'll really get to see and experience your baby's home! So excited that you have travel plans made - Christmas will be so fun for you guys!!

Tara said...

Aw! That is such a good idea- that way you can recoup and be all rested and prepared to meet that sweet boy! And not to mention get to spend so much time in his home country- what a blesssing! I am so jealous of your blog friend Christmas extravaganza! (I have decided to call it that) You guys are going to have a blast!

Amy B. said...

I am so excited for you guys. I think it will be a wonderful experience to be in Addis that long and really absorb what Ian has experienced in his first few months of life...to really understand his culture better. I told Renee that I am OH SO jealous that ya'll are spending Christmas together. Not only do I want to be there to get my Nathan...but I want to hang with you guys! Maybe one day before too long. After we are all settled with our new kiddos maybe Renee and Geert can drive up and we can drive over and meet up at your new house! Your house is about half way :) I can't wait to hear about your trip and your meeting Ian the first time. Come on Dec. 6th! Amy

Amy B. said...

I am so excited for you guys. I think it will be a wonderful experience to be in Addis that long and really absorb what Ian has experienced in his first few months of life...to really understand his culture better. I told Renee that I am OH SO jealous that ya'll are spending Christmas together. Not only do I want to be there to get my Nathan...but I want to hang with you guys! Maybe one day before too long. After we are all settled with our new kiddos maybe Renee and Geert can drive up and we can drive over and meet up at your new house! Your house is about half way :) I can't wait to hear about your trip and your meeting Ian the first time. Come on Dec. 6th! Amy

Nicholas said...

Sooo excited for you guys! It's so incredible that you'll be there for an extended stay - what a treat.... I hope that you'll be able to blog your adventures while there!!! Yay! Lori

Tara said...

Hey guys, can we get in on the up and coming blog friend meeting?! I mean, I don't want to invite myself or anything... :)

:) :) :)

Beau Fournet said...

I am so excited to read about your trip. That will be such an awesome expereince! I can't wait to read all about it:) Praying for Dec 6th!

Jocelyn said...

That is so exciting that you will be there so long. It is right around the corner...I am praying for your court date to go very very smoothly!!

~Laura~ said...

How exciting!! That is such an awesome idea...to stay that long! I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of baby Ian in your arms. I'm so jealous of all the blog buddies meetup talk. I'm in stupid Alabama and so far away from everyone.