Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Shots =...(

Today was shot day. Boooo, we hate shot day. We went to the dr when we first got home but due to some lab work issues we didn't do shots until today. I went in for just a check up from the sick appointment and since he was fine they said, "We will start the shots today." AHHH, shots!!! I wanted to cry for him because he was being so happy and waving his hands around and had no idea what was about to happen! No fun...I know that every parent reading this has had to go through shot day so you know what I am talking about during that time between the first shot and the second when they are screaming and looking directly in your eyes. I wanted to cry.
After we had the shot experience we met my dear friend Becky, her mom and her daughter for lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Ian was a little sweetie. He was showing his very charming side and making himself irresistible!!!

We have finally moved into the new house. It is very lovely and we enjoy being here! Our outside is not quite finished but the inside is done and all of our things are set out mostly. We had friend come over and help us with dust removal! The dust is everywhere. We clean it and it comes back! Eventually Pacey will have dusted every inch of the house with his tail!

We haven't really gotten Ian's nursery set up but never fear...he rests well between his mommy and daddy every night!! He is such a little cuddle bug. He starts out in the middle and rolls to one side or the other and cuddles up! Did I mention I am in love with this little man?!?! He can make me smile just by looking at me! He is such a good sleeper too. He usually is in bed by 10, wakes up at 6:30ish, takes a bottle and is back asleep until 9ish. AMAZING!
We just couldn't be happier!!!







14 comments:

Drew Carey Show said...

He's getting so nice and chubalicious. Glad to see that you're settling in to the new space and enjoying time as a new family!

Nicholas said...

He is too cute, I love that he cuddles with you both. So glad you're all moved in and a sweet little happy family! Yay! Lori

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are so in control of everything! I did cry the first time my oldest got his shots - the poor things! He looks absolutely adorable. Enjoy!

graceling said...

Shots are horrible! I cried longer than my daughter when she had to get them... And now, since she is getting series of shots for travel to Ethiopia to get her sister, it's so heartbreaking. She sits there and cries with these great big tears "it's okay, momma, I'll be brave so that I can get my sister!"

Glad you were able to hold up:)

What a cutie!

mama becca said...

AAAHH! He's so cute!!! I'm glad you're in your new house too... I'm sure it must be nice to start settling into a permanent place. I wanted you to know that we got our referral yesterday! And of course I was wondering if you met this little tiny guy... he's 4 months and his name is Millennium. If you met him, I'd love any details you have. my email is rvzalbertson@gmail.com... sorry if I seem like a stalker begging for info! I'd just love it if someone met him!
Congrats to you guys... your son is perfect!
becca

A Team said...

HOW SWEET!
I got so excited to see you had a new post!

I've enjoyed following your story.
WOW... you've packed a lot in.. new baby (not to mention you traveled across the WORLD), new house... WOW!

Blessings!!!
Tracie in TN

A Team said...

Ok.. and I know this is so crazy but I think your son looks just like your husband :-)

~Laura~ said...

he is absolutely adorable! Glad to hear that you guys are moved in to your new house. I'm sorry about shots...they suck. :(

Tara said...

Ummm, someone is putting on the Lbs! Cutie cutie, I love squishy little Ian!

Erica said...

How cute!! He's adorable! Congratulations on the new house too!

Jillienne said...

Ian is so cute!! I agree shot day sucks. Also looks like we have the same stroller!

Aimee said...

He is a beautiful little boy. Much luck to your family.
Aimee
www.offwego-brynly.blogspot.com

Keva said...

Yea! You made it in, your house that is. I can't wait to see pictures.
Ian, is getting big. Oh, how that never stops, sadly.
We do hope to have the luck of the Clevinger's and make it through in ONE try(: Please keep praying for us.

the Steiger's said...

How cute! I have been reading your blog for a while. I thought I may just say hi. We are curently waiting for our court date for our little girl.
Lenka