Sunday, January 6, 2008

Settling In

I would love to say, "Wow, this is new baby business is tough", but I can't. Somehow we got the most wonderful baby in the world and he has made getting adjusted a dream! We are just enjoying the food we love and missed so much and sharing our little joy with everyone!!! It is pretty amazing how unenthusiastic everyone is to see us and how excited they are to see Ian! I have been told it never gets any better either. We had our first trip to the dr as soon as we got home and got Ian's first round of antibiotics. He had a little bit of an ear infection, a cough, and a pretty bad fever. The dr ordered a ton of blood work and we discovered that our little one had elevated liver enzymes. I freaked out of course. The dr ordered more blood work to check for Hepatitis A, B, and C. Epstein Barr, cytomegalovirus...etc. We found out this morning that all of the tests came back negative so it must have just been some other virus or something? Who knows?? I guess the dr will let us know something later today. I guess we will start vaccinations after everything gets all cleared up. I wish we were about finished with the poking of the baby! I am not a fan of watching him scream and cry those huge sad tears. He rarely ever cries tears but when he does...he means it.








17 comments:

Angie said...

It looks like you're having a great time - Congratulations on being home with Ian! We still can't get over how cute he is. We're so happy for you guys!!

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

I'm so happy to see you all made it home safely with your little blessing!
Congratulations!
Blessings,
Kristy

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

Yeah! Thanks for the pictures. Glad everything is going so smoothly right now. Hope your little guy feels better soon. What a precious little guy!

Nicholas said...

Thank goodness he's fine! He's getting bigger already - I must add... the last picture you posted should be labled the "Spears shot"!

Joy said...

Congratulations! I have enjoyed watching you pick up your son. What a blessing! Can you tell us how old he is? I am waiting to be matched with 2 boys in Ethiopia-a baby and 3-5 year old. I was just trying to gage ages.

Unknown said...

Welcome home. I am glad that everything is ok and your baby is gorgeous. Congratulations.

Tara said...

What a cutie patootie! I love that his hair is straight (well, wavy, I guess), because I allways see little Ethiopian babes with this tight curly hair and it just makes sweet little Ian unique!
I am so glad you all are setteling in so well! What a blessing...maybe I can hope and pray for such things when Malak comes home...maybe. :)

Drew Carey Show said...

Glad seeing that you're all doing so well. They must be doing something right at Gladney, because we feel like we hit the baby jackpot too! Love his precious pictures... he's beautiful =)

Jocelyn said...

He is just so cute! Glad you are getting settled in at home and that everyone is getting healthy!

A Team said...

What a sweet baby boy!!! ADORABLE.

graceling said...

So glad you are enjoying your baby!

And yes, it never does get better... even now, my (bio)daughter is 5, and all our family and friends practically drool and wet their pants when they get to see her.

I usually just get a "hey."

But, I think the attention is well-placed:)

Drew Carey Show said...

Just snuck another peak at your pics. Love how he's still reminding you who's number one in the pic in his "Kentucky" uniform... He's so sweet.

Lori said...

What a beautiful boy you have, brings tears to my eyes. Congratulations, you guys.

~Laura~ said...

Glad to see you guys are home and getting settled in. Ian is such a doll. Congrats momma! :)

Jillienne said...

Congrats on being back home with Ian! I loved following along on your journey to ethiopia, I can't wait to be there! Maybe when you get a chance you could share some travel tips for those of us who are getting ready to go!

Natalie Fournet said...

He really is too cute...though an LSU outfit might be a bit cuter:) Natalie

MB said...

Welcome home! He's such a cutie!!