Tuesday, January 1, 2008

WE'RE BACK!!!

We are home sweet home...well almost! We came home to find that our home is less than ready. Our contractor apparently underestimated our move in date by about a week...or two! In the meantime we will be hanging out with Ian's Nana and Papaw getting some good home cooking!

I can't believe that we are actually here, and we actually got to bring our sweet boy home with us! The two weeks in Africa were very difficult but very amazing. As many of you already have heard Ian was sick and I was under the weather as well. Not fun to be sick with your new baby! We made it though and I was feeling better by week two! Good thing we were there for so long or else I may not have seen anything except the inside of our room at the Hilton!!

I will post info about the rest of our trip soon. I am so happy to be home! Ian started eating cereal today so as you will see in the pictures...he likes food!! To all the parents out there waiting to travel I have one piece of advice. Rest, rest, rest. Rest now, even if you are a parent already or have traveled internationally extensively. You will be tired..exhausted. The emotional high will end and you will be left with your actual energy level.




















4 comments:

Jillienne said...

Welcome Back! I had a great time following along on your blog. Ian is awesome, enjoy!

Nicholas said...

WELCOME HOME!!! So glad you're back to the USA - Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventure!

~Laura~ said...

yay! you guys made it home. So glad you're back with your sweet baby boy. I've loved following your blog of your trip to pick up Ian...so has my hubby. It's help prepare us for our turn. :)

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you guys are back and that everything is going good for you. God never leaves you. You have a gorgeous baby boy. Congratulations.