Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hope

I guess all hope is not lost but it doesn't look promising for us today. Natalie told us yesterday that due to MOWA being closed for two days the opinion may not be issued for our case. It has all already happened so now I go to work and wait for Natalie to call and tell us what happens from here. If a miracle happened and they issued an opinion before court..we are through (unless something else holds us up). If not, our case may stay open and on the judges desk until the opinion is issued and then we are through. Or, we could have to wait for a new court date and do this all again in 1 to 1.5 months. I am saddened. I trust God's plan and I know that he has never left me or my sweet daughter in this whole process. I worry about her hopes and expectations. I did not know until yesterday that she will appear in court. Therefore she knows that court is happening and will subsequently wonder where the heck we are in the coming weeks/months. I know that she probably woke up excited and nervous and went to court where our case may not have even been heard. My heart is broken for her far more than for me.

We got an update yesterday. Kind of bittersweet I guess. She told us that she loves us very much and wants to know when we are coming. She said that she loves her brother and is so excited to meet him. She also hopes that we can find families for her friends.

I work 9-9 today so I will try to get some emails out when we get the news. Maybe my sister will put something on the blog for me. Take care and pray for my little girl.

11 comments:

~Laura~ said...

I haven't been able to stop crying all morning. Your "M" is on my heart heavy this morning. My "M" doesn't know about me (don't get my wrong...I want her home so badly) so it will be life as usual for her & you and I are grown ups so we can handle whatever comes our way as well but it breaks my heart for your "M" to have to sit and wonder where you are. I know that God is a God of justice and there is no justice in that. There is nothing I want more than for our girls to be home with us where they belong. Praying that no matter the ourcome today that God will protect your "M's" heart today & she would feel His love today.

Monica said...

Praying for you this morning and your sweet little girl.

K-Tuds said...

praying for you and your sweet family today!

Robbin Hopkins said...

Praying for your family

Robbin

Renee said...

Thinking of your sweet girl today...

xo,
Renee

Sparkz said...

I hope they ended up hearing the cases. It is so frustrating after waiting this long to have things like this happened and I hope by some miracle your case was heard. Just checking in to see if you have heard anything either way. I hope you'll soon be on your way to your daughter and will continue praying for you all who have court dates today.

Natalie Fournet said...

Praying for you all!

~*Lisa*~ said...

I am praying for you today! I am Laura's sister and she has been telling me about your story. My heart goes out to you and your precious one. I pray peace over all of you who's court date is set for today and the children In Jesus Name. Blessings

Jody and Rich said...

I am soooo sorry to hear there might be a problem today. I've been lurking and not leaving comments for awhile. I knew this was the big day and have been sending prayers your way. Will keep my fingers crossed and say another prayer that all went well after all.
Jody

coffeemom said...

praying for you, and your M. I get it. I hate this. Praying hard for a pass and peace and understanding. M

dana said...

Dear Lindsey and Cortney,
My friend sent me the link to your blog. I also had a court date today for our 7 year old son. It seems you are getting better info than I am on what is actually happening and I would love it if you would let me know what you hear about what happens next. I had prepared myself for any outcome but could never have foreseen this. I am just a bit heartbroken. The last pictures we recieved of him had him looking at pictures of us.