Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Odd Day

Today has been an odd day for some reason. I can't put my finger on what is bugging me today but I am just out of sorts. I am hopeful that we will get our I-171H (immigration approval) soon. I read another blog tonight that looked like the family received theirs in about 6 weeks. That would be around the first of August for us. I really didn't expect that it may come that soon. I thought it would be around the middle to end of August but earlier is better. My stomach kind of gets in knots when I think about us waiting on the referral. I don't know if my nerves can handle it! Every phone call will potentially be the ONE from Mary (the lady who calls with the news from Gladney)! Hopefully I will grow tired of doing that to myself quickly and settle down. We watched an Ethiopian training video provided by Gladney this weekend. It was very informative and I was surprised by some of the info about the culture. Cortney said he enjoyed watching it. He said that he had hoped that it would pertain more to adopting infant children but it helped us learn some of the things that we will enjoy telling Ian about his country.

1 comment:

Dustin & Amy said...

Lindsey, sounds as though we have shared the same feelings of unrest that seems to settle on the shoulders during the process. There were times when the paperwork, questions, and answers would just fall into place but then there are the times when, even away from the stack of papers, this odd feeling pokes my ribs from the inside as to say "shouldn't you be doing something?"

You all are so close. I am sure the your mailbox will yield its treasure soon. Looking at the calendar, we received ours on the 35th business day after we submitted (May 1 to June 18).

Take care,

-d