Saturday, July 28, 2007

YAY! YAY! YAY!

It is here!!! Today the mailbox finally yielded a treasure!!! Our I-171H (the much awaited immigration approval) arrived today!! We are officially approved by the US government to adopt a baby or two from Ethiopia!! This completes our dossier! We were on our way home to meet some friends and we stopped by the mailbox for the second time of the day. I saw the usual stack of Kmart sales papers come out of the box and wondered how many more days we would have to wait. Then Cortney got in the car and with his best poker face handed me the envelope! He brought out his cigars that he has been saving for the longest time and then decided to wait until the referral to light them up. Now we have to get some authenticating done and we will soon be waiting on the call from Gladney!! I have danced, squealed, and praised that the waiting for immigration approval is over. This means that our son is more than likely in Ethiopia today at this very moment, sleeping peacefully I hope. I thank God for the many blessings we have had over the last month and for the many we will receive in the months to come.
Tonight I called my sister of course while she was eating out with my brother-in-law. When they left the restaurant they came straight here to see the piece of paper that we have been so patiently waiting for. I know that I have thanked my sister many times on this blog but seriously, she cried when I told her that we had gotten the approval. I can't even say how much it means to me that she is as emotionally invested in this process and this child as we are. Ian is going to have the best sissy in the world!!!

3 comments:

Angie said...

You're SO right...he is going to have the best Sissy!! But I gotta say, her kids have a great Sissy too ♥
As soon as you called her, and she half composed herslef, she called me! She was on her way to your house and was SOOO excited!
Ian is a lucky boy to be born 'into' your family!

As he is probably laying over there, patiently waiting for his Mommy & Daddy, I will say a special prayer for him tonight!!

Ian's Sissy said...

Yippy!!! One step Closer!! We're coming for you baby IAN!

Dustin & Amy said...

Excellent!!!

We are so happy to hear that your approval has arrived. That is such an important and significant milestone.

If you are taking your papers to Frankfort for authentication, the ladies in the Sec of State's office are the sweetest--they even have a hugs photo album comprised of pages sent to the them by families they have helped through the process. It is good viewing while you are waiting.

We keep you and Ian in our prayers.