Thursday, June 14, 2007

Baby stuff

We made several purchases today for the baby! I am so excited that we finally picked out bedding. It has been a real source of debate around here! Of course my pick won out in the end and Cortney says that he really does like it! We had to get some documents from the courthouse today and our notarized bank letter. This was only my 5th visit to get the documents from the courthouse so I am glad that is all over and they can not see my face for a while. It only took my mom lodging a formal complaint over the way I was treated to get things done but...whatever it takes=) Thanks mom! The people at the bank were so nice. They wanted to know all about the adoption and when he would be here. I love it when I have a good experience while gathering paperwork...it is so infrequent!
So here are some pics of the baby goodies we got today. We went to a couple of places and I liked a lot of things but so many things I just couldn't pull the trigger on. I needed help and together me and Cortney are the blind leading the blind! He would ask me which was better of something and I would have NO CLUE!! Where were you Jamie??? LOL...my sister the baby expert needed to be there. It was fun though because we got to see just how much we needed help! The crib and changing table could not be picked out (at least the color wasn't) until the bedding was selected. Now it can be ordered=)





Here is a picture of Ian's first outfit from his Papaw. Hope 6-9 months will fit!!!


One last update. Cortney called Adoption Assistance today. I should have called because from the short time of hanging up to telling me the story he forgot essential parts. LOL, that is a man for ya..I started asking questions and he forgot what she had said. Oh well, anyway the most important thing is that they hope to have the home study to immigration by the end of the week, which is tomorrow? And something about someone will be getting a package overnighted to them? Thanks Cort...way to remember the details!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Lindsey, I love the bedding and the furniture!
I'm so excited for you guys ♥ You're going to make great parents!!!


:::HUGS:::