Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Tomorrow is my 25th Happy Birthday!! This is the year of Baby Ian! I can't imagine a better year to get a baby than this one! We are still waiting on our copy of the home study and our FBI clearance letters. We have become seriously patient where the referral is concerned. So many blogs say how the family got the referral DAYS after the submission of their dossier to Ethiopia. It would be so hard to get the referral near the beginning of the rainy season in Ethiopia (time in which the whole government shuts down for ~6 weeks) and have to wait until that was over and for the court date once they re-open. So, we can actually take a little break on wishing everyone would move at the speed of light! I am trying to enjoy this time..I keep saying that but I haven't been successful as of yet! I know that once he gets here the evening lounging will be gone, the long showers will be over, and sleep will be a distant memory. Ahh...how eager I am to be deprived of the luxuries I am currently afforded!

Along the process of gathering paperwork, I have encountered so many rude and unreasonable people. I always approach the process with the best of intentions; always trying to be as thoughtful and courteous as possible. In my profession I see many people in need and maybe there have been times when I wasn't as empathetic as I should have been. I hope that my experiences have changed me. I hope that I have the ability to make someone feel better by just listening.

Happy Birthday to Me.

No comments: