Friday, June 8, 2007

Huh hum

Today was so fun!!! My sister and the kids came over and we went swimming! YAY so fun! Gladney emailed us to let us know that the recommendations for our home study write-up were sent in on June 6th to Adoption Assistance Inc....so hopefully the home study will be going to CIS early next week!! I guess we won't really know until we get the bill!! LOL Gladney received some other things for our application this week like our child abuse checks and state background checks. I got my corrected (3rd draft) employment letter today. That is one less thing that we have to get. The employment letter takes care of my insurance verification!! YAY That is one less thing we have to get notarized. Now we just have to have a letter from the bank, FBI clearance, CIS approval and the home study to be finished with our dossier. It still sounds like a lot but excluding the bank letter all the rest of the things are out of our control.
Cortney and I were watching a video clip on another blog tonight and I cried (of course) and he got a little torn up too. It is so hard to see the children in the orphanages and not want to bring back more than one child. It's amazing how in just a month's time ALL of my fears or concerns about whether or not I can do this are gone. All I can think now is how could I not do this? In my life there have been times when I was sure that I met someone so that God could reveal something to me through them. I am SURE that Ian will be one of those people. During and long after this adoption is final people will say how Cortney and I "saved" this child from his circumstances. I don't know if anyone could ever understand how much this child will save us.

No comments: